The This or That Thread

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
narlus said:
Miles all the way.

elvin jones or rashied ali?
I really should defer to golgi, but I'll stick my ignorant hack nose in it anyway: I like to know where "1" is when I listen and when I play. I prolly need Jones' commitment to foundation. BTW if you wanna hear a new jazz phenom w/respect for tradition check out Helen Sung "Push."

Whoo, this is too deep. How about:

Sundays or Breeders?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good one. breeders, but only because of 1) kim deal's link to the pixies and 2) their cover of "happiness is a warm gun"

king crimson (pre-Belew era) or Genesis (Gabriel-era)?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
narlus said:
good one. breeders, but only because of 1) kim deal's link to the pixies and 2) their cover of "happiness is a warm gun"

king crimson (pre-Belew era) or Genesis (Gabriel-era)?
king crimson

Zeppelin or Sabbath?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
narlus said:
sabbath.

gibson or fender?
Gibson for tone and encouraging players to explore tone. Fender encourages innovation in melody and technique, which I think would come along anyway.

Kim Deal or Tonya Donnelly?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kim deal (at least before she got tubby).

interesting to note yr take on gibson for exploring tone...sonic youth does that pretty explicitly/exclusively, but of the many tens of different guitars that lee and thurston used, i don't ever recall seeing them use a gibson.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:

interesting to note yr take on gibson for exploring tone...sonic youth does that pretty explicitly/exclusively, but of the many tens of different guitars that lee and thurston used, i don't ever recall seeing them use a gibson.
:eek: You killed the thread!! :mumble:

Lemme see if this works.

Old Knuck or New Knuck? :D

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
narlus said:

Narlus, I was speaking of more subtle "exploration" of tone (BB, Santana, Angus). I'm sure there are a lot better examples out there. BTW I saw Sonic Youth open for Neil Young way back when. The Neil Young fans were not impressed w/their "explorations."

Porsche.

Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fathead said:
Narlus, I was speaking of more subtle "exploration" of tone (BB, Santana, Angus). I'm sure there are a lot better examples out there. BTW I saw Sonic Youth open for Neil Young way back when. The Neil Young fans were not impressed w/their "explorations."

Porsche.

Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?

Bon

Low end torque or High rev Hp?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hybrid (fathead, i saw that tour too...had to travel down to providence, because for some reason SY didn't play the Boston date. bastards made me sit through social D TWICE!@!). it was funny to see the older NY hippies trying to figure out the squalls of noise coming from the stage. :D

lee or thurston? ;)

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
The Amish said:
Subaru

B's or D's and im not talking grades
If it's what I think, then D's, tho I've seen some nice perky B's before.

Narlus, sorry nobody picked up your SY choice. . . too far back I guess.

BB or Willie

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
The Amish said:
Lets try this one then

Big T's or a Tight A :think:
Ive actualy asked this one in bars hundreds of times just to prove a point to my woman.According to my results it might need an official ridemonkey poll just to straighten all the ladies out.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
Hmmmmmm.... does the one with Big T's have a flabby A? And the Tight A - does she have tiny T's? :think:

You pose difficult questions........ :thumb:

-S.S.-
For the sake of argument lets say its a totaly hot chic but only one of these qualities is dynamite