Quantcast

(@) (#) the Wednesday tell me how cold it is GMT (#) (@)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's sure refreshingly chilly in the morning here...shorts and t-shirt is almost not enough to be entirely comfortable when walking the dog before sunup.

Did a little quick work on the ongoing Canfield build before bed...all I really need to do now is install the Luftkappe to the air spring (now possible w aluminum vise jaws vs. dumbass useless plastic ones), swap the spring into the fork, check final seat height and dropper cable length, and top off/bleed the rear brake due to trimming the line.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Which one? This “locking diff” bit intrigues me
Currently covered in ice again, so itll be a while/later today before i get back to it, but i was able to put my bike in without taking the front wheel off and no funky jacking the front seats forward, which usually takes a full size and massive cargo capacity. Even tho the CX-9 from last week may have been slightly (not by much) bigger, I couldnt get the rear seats down and couldnt do the same. It’s probably a too-hell-u-ride, but gotta check.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I had one of those in the mid 90s with a remote lever on the bars to open the QR. Everything about it sucked.

Also, 24 Freedums in west coast Appalachia today. FTS.
I had one as well on my 83 Fisher Montara. Got it when came out. Please tell me How on Earth “the remote lever open‘s the QR”? I don’t see how that is possible? Never saw that back in the day.

Avy

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I had one as well on my 83 Fisher Montara. Got it when came out. Please tell me How on Earth “the remote lever open‘s the QR”? I don’t see how that is possible? Never saw that back in the day.

Avy
I only remember that it worked poorly “out of the box” - tons of force required to actuate - and stopped working entirely as soon as it got muddy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Currently covered in ice again, so itll be a while/later today before i get back to it, but i was able to put my bike in without taking the front wheel off and no funky jacking the front seats forward, which usually takes a full size and massive cargo capacity. Even tho the CX-9 from last week may have been slightly (not by much) bigger, I couldnt get the rear seats down and couldnt do the same. It’s probably a too-hell-u-ride, but gotta check.
for @canadmos 's rear-orifice shopping that's 21 cu ft behind the 3rd row, 46 behind the 2nd, 87 behind the 1st.

:notbadobama:

my boxy Land Cruiser, by comparison, is 20.8, 39.2, 90.8, and my Pacifica is a gargantuan 32.3, 87.5, 140.5 (!). Minivans really are more efficient uses of space for road use.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
for @canadmos 's rear-orifice shopping that's 21 cu ft behind the 3rd row, 46 behind the 2nd, 87 behind the 1st.

:notbadobama:

my boxy Land Cruiser, by comparison, is 20.8, 39.2, 90.8, and my Pacifica is a gargantuan 32.3, 87.5, 140.5 (!). Minivans really are more efficient uses of space for road use.
So I checked my car, its a Santa Fe, but the cargo area really makes the most of what it has, as opposed to other SUVs

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ah, a center diff lock. Found on some funny cars, like 2 gen old RAV4s even iirc.

(also fanciness of hill descent control! off road cruise control.)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ah, a center diff lock. Found on some funny cars, like 2 gen old RAV4s even iirc.

(also fanciness of hill descent control! off road cruise control.)
Whatever it is, i drove with it on yesterday on the ice. Was pretty treacherous out.