Quantcast

The "What did you do for V-day" thread (or, "Fess up: how whipped are you?")

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, I mostly wanted to post this thread to brag that I got Pedros tools and Newcastle for Valentine's day. Tools and beer... Now this is what v-day would be like if men had invented it.

What'd the rest of you do for the evening (err, besides the obvious - you can keep those details to yourself ;))? Any especially good dinners and/or booze? Creative presents?

My girlfriend and I didn't really celebrate, just exchanged small gifts. Neither of us are big fans of the holiday.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
The wife and I agreed not to do anything since we just booked our vacation. We both figured that any money spent would be better off saved for the trip. But...being the romantic I am (yeah, right) I stopped on the way home and got her some flowers. 1/2 dozen Gerber Daisies. She was totally surprised.

Score one for me! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Actually my GF took me out!! :)
Oh and she got some stuff from Fredricks of Hollywood.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I got my wife flowers and a cd. And the only thing I recieved was an explination that valentines day was not for men, and that she diddn't get me anything. :confused:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
firetoole said:
I got my wife flowers and a cd. And the only thing I recieved was an explination that valentines day was only for girls, and that she diddn't get me anything. :confused:
Hahahaha!!! :nuts: POWNED!!!11!!1

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Hahahaha!!! :nuts: POWNED!!!11!!1
Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhh I was thinking the same thing... wow, I've never even gotten owned that bad before by my GF.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Nothing... bought her a card, gave her a kiss.
OH and the card my GF gave me she quoted Napoleon Dynamite in her comments to me.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Got a card, a bag of Kisses from my wife. I took her out to a steak dinner ($75).. then there was ;)

Oh... I've been telling her that "I choo choo choose you" for the last 3 days... thanks to someone on here....

:p

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
N8 said:
Oh... I've been telling her that "I choo choo choose you" for the last 3 days... thanks to someone on here....
I'll take credit for that random Simpson's quote. :p

I got a box of winnie the pooh valentines and a couple boxes of candy hearts and put them all over the house for my wife to find. :thumb:

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
3rd date with this new girl and she takes me out to a fancy schmancy restaurant for v-day... buys me martini's surf and turf, dessert and Grand Marnier ... and insists on picking up the tab! Musta been over a bill... sweet...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My girl and I just got together about a month ago so we were not going to go hardcore, but...

What I got her:
Dozen roses (at 12:01am on v day) $48
Dinner $50 we didnt drink
keep in mind im a poor college student...

now for the best part, she shows up looking like my avatar, honestly there are similarities...
1 case of sam adams cherry wheat :drool:
A book on sex positions (that she had full intentions of researching later)
and chocolate covered strawberries

props to my girl!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I took the day off and we went snowboarding. Well, I went snowboarding and she took a full day lesson since she's never been before. That was about it, except for an exchange of cards and I got her flowers. But I buy her flowers all the time anyway, so that was just par for the course.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I surprised my sweetheart by showing up at where she was working for the day (a florist's) mid-afternoon when she thought I was at work far away. I hid in the back and then popped out, flowers and card in hand, and helped her work for a couple hours. Then she made a delicious dinner... we drank Bellini and ate by candlelight... on and on.... MMMMMmmmmm. :heart:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We went to our usual Monday night spot - the Deschutes Brewery for drinks. We are both pretty simple people...he sent me flowers at work, and I bought him some chocolates. The rest of the details are secret. :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Made Julie dinner, Filet Mignon & asparagus w/ Béarnaise sauce, a 1lb lobster tail and a bottle of wine. Got her a card, flowers, pair of shorts and a pair of jeans. After the kids went to bed, she supprised me downstairs dressed very sexy:love:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you make the bearnaise sauce from scratch? that's a tricky emulsion if i recall. well done.

for my sordid details, check out today's GMT.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The fiancee brought home shrimpies and salad, which I cooked up. Wine for her and Guinness for me (I hate wine). I got her "Say Anything" on DVD (Lloyd Dobbler is a serious romantic), a Mighty Mighty Bosstones CD, half dozen roses, and a cool Tim Burton toy. She got me some Guinness pajamas and season 2 of South Park on DVD... we ate, we drank, we made sweeeeet love. :love:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
I Are Baboon said:
Not a thing, yo. Wifey is a CPA and works long hours this time of year.
my girlfriend left for her internship at GrantThornton saturday. i get to look forward to her taking the CPA exam in less than a year. i can't wait :rolleyes:. so i spent my Valentines on campus. dinner consisted of a PB sandwich and a bowl of cereal. didn't even jack off last night.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Crashby said:
3rd date with this new girl and she takes me out to a fancy schmancy restaurant for v-day... buys me martini's surf and turf, dessert and Grand Marnier ... and insists on picking up the tab! Musta been over a bill... sweet...
wow! Marry her!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I had a fever yesterday so i didn't get to jack it with my girlfriend (my left hand palmela.) I ate a bowl of soup that was to watery for dinner and had hot chocolate that was to watery also. And took about 5 showers yesterday and had 2 tests.

Yeah ive been single every valentines day of my life (im 19). but i had sex for the first time saturday night so im content.

And thats about it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
N8 said:
Got a card, a bag of Kisses from my wife. I took her out to a steak dinner ($75).. then there was ;)

:p
Will you BEE my valentine? And there is a picture of a bee on it!!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
we both think it's a B.S. 'holiday' and don't even acknowledge it.

how generic is it to do stuff for your loved one simply because the calendar says too?

we do things for each other througout the year that means more.

here's a funny one though, my co worker ordered two dozen red roses and chocolates off the web for his wife. the flowers showed up on time but they weren't roses AND they were DEAD! ahahahahaha.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
mobius said:
Yeah ive been single every valentines day of my life (im 19). but i had sex for the first time saturday night so im content.

And thats about it.

WOOHOO!!!!
Way to go Mobius.
Welcome to the club.
:evil:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
mobius said:
I had a fever yesterday so i didn't get to jack it with my girlfriend (my left hand palmela.) I ate a bowl of soup that was to watery for dinner and had hot chocolate that was to watery also. And took about 5 showers yesterday and had 2 tests.

And thats about it.
I guess that means you can finally move out of Virgina :thumb: ;)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
you make the bearnaise sauce from scratch? that's a tricky emulsion if i recall. well done.

for my sordid details, check out today's GMT.
Did the packet thing, I had too much going on, like trying to deal with the kids while making this meal. I bought them the movie Fish Tails, so that kept them amused for like 7 minutes :think: :blah:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Fish Tails? Or Sharks Tale? Is it any good?
Oh it's Shark Tales, I was at Costco grabbing some food the walked past the DVD's. Annaleah imediatly said.................Ishy ishy so how can you say no to her :heart: It was a cute movie from the few minutes I was able to watch.