Quantcast

The "who's riding tonight and who's sitting in front of the AC" thread:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I put in an hour on the road bike today, and it was about 96 with the heat index. Followed it up by a 15 minutes swim in the 83 degree pool.

Sadly, my average dropped from 18.4mph (two weeks ago, prior to racing and the heatwave) to 17.3, but I maxed the speed out at 39.8MPH on a nice downhill.

Anyone else riding tonight?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
im riding the couch with a beer in one hand and some food in the other. already had 9 hours in this crap today...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Couch surfing.......I put in some shovel time on Monday and damn near saw visions it was so hot. No way I'm peddling in this stuff unless it involves the salvation of my existence. We're hitting the 100's with the heat index and the humidity is at about 95%.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'll be out in it... on the mountain with little wind. Gladly many of the trails are under tree-cover so that will help. Planning to pack the camelbak with no less than 1 entire tray of ice and wear the airiest jersey I have.

Oh and its 102 out right now. 30% Humid.
High today was 106 :eek:

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Inside. I've spent 2 weeks of undergrowth thinning and all the dust and pollen and plain old sweating my ass off turned into a good sized sinus infection. So, today was an office day instead of a field day and hopefully I'll be recovered enough to ride this weekend....but I have to be recovered enough to chainsaw tomorrow. :wonky2: Having a job w/ lots of field work has its advantages and dissadvantages. Sometimes you eat the bar and well.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we went to the movies today to avoid the heat. Although our window unit only keeps it around 85 in the house, its better than being outside, so I will remain captive to the AC for the next month and a half. Only riding before the sun comes up.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'll likely ride tonight. Road to the top and then the dirt on the way down. Or I might bring the trainer inside and spin on that for an hour or so in the AC, while watching TV. :D

It depends on how hot it is at 6pm.

After reading about the dying hikers I might just stay indoors.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I would be riding tonight, it's not that warm here, but the wife has other plans for my evening:nope: :banghead:

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I got about 9 miles in today. (mountain!!!) Luckily a huge storm passed just south of where I was riding and seemed to suck some of the oppressiveness out of the air. I don't even have A/C...or a pool.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No ride tonight. We were going to, but the wife had to work late (last minute thing) and I would have felt bad riding without her. She'll ride tomorrow while I'm at my hockey game. We've ridden six of the last eight days, so it's all good.

I just got back from the gym (lifted weights).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
robdamanii said:
I need to decide on something for dinner friday.

I'm thinking chicken marinated in white wine and italian spices, rubbed with some elephant garlic oil and rosemary.

Thoughts?
Beef and Chicken Kabobs charcoal grilled with roasted corn and a simple pasta salad.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I'm in front of the AC, maybe a ride tomorrow. Did some bike maintenance tonight and think I'm finally good to go.

Rob, for dinner Friday I would with chalupas. Why? Because I like to say chalupa!

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I'll be riding tomorrow. Hopefully I can get in about 5 DH runs before I have to actually do house work...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ciaran said:
I'll likely ride tonight. Road to the top and then the dirt on the way down. Or I might bring the trainer inside and spin on that for an hour or so in the AC, while watching TV. :D

It depends on how hot it is at 6pm.

After reading about the dying hikers I might just stay indoors.
Just got back from a short ride at my new local spot. Rode up the paved shuttle road to the top and explored some trails I hadn't been on before. To my surprise I found a nice, moderatly gnar DH trail. I got pwned in a few spots and was pleasently surprised in a few spots. I'm gonna be doing some serious building this winter when the rains come. Yee haw!!!

Surprisingly it wasn't that hot. Mid 90's with a nice breeze.

And A/C feels best after a ride... just take off the clothes and stand in front of it! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
rode a 35 km trail ride yesterday (hot as fark) and did the downieville 8am shuttle this morning... damn it was sweet out there... perfect, beat the heat and got some nice turns in... love it !!!!:monkey:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just got back from a loal dirt TT. Haven't raced in a quite a while. Must be in good form, caught the two riders in front of me. Weather was quite nice today, very comfortable ride.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Ciaran said:
Just got back from a short ride at my new local spot. Rode up the paved shuttle road to the top and explored some trails I hadn't been on before. To my surprise I found a nice, moderatly gnar DH trail. I got pwned in a few spots and was pleasently surprised in a few spots. I'm gonna be doing some serious building this winter when the rains come. Yee haw!!!

Surprisingly it wasn't that hot. Mid 90's with a nice breeze.

And A/C feels best after a ride... just take off the clothes and stand in front of it! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!
TMI dude.

I didn't tell you that I was going to go "night swimming" did I?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'll be putting my time in at the exercise room at this hotel. as a side note i've been here for what, 16? full nights, and only once have i seen another person using the room. the restaurant is always full tho :oink:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
robdamanii said:
I need to decide on something for dinner friday.

I'm thinking chicken marinated in white wine and italian spices, rubbed with some elephant garlic oil and rosemary.

Thoughts?
i wouldn't marinate it wine...the oil and rosemary is fine (what are italian spices? salt and pepper?). i'd pan saute it and then deglaze the pan w/ white wine when you are done for a fast and tasty sauce.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
i'll be putting my time in at the exercise room at this hotel. as a side note i've been here for what, 16? full nights, and only once have i seen another person using the room. the restaurant is always full tho :oink:
Were are you staying?