Quantcast

The "who's riding tonight and who's sitting in front of the AC" thread:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Had a group of 7-8 for trail maintenance Tuesday night at 'Nam - temp low 90's and humid. It was damn hot. Today it cooled off to ~84 after the t-storms at 3am. We did a 2 1/2 hour ride at Rayburn tonight.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
well i just got back from my massage class...passed this term's "hands on" final!!! Yeeha!!! Now i just gotta GEAR up for my written final at the end of the month!! Then it's break time and party time!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
trail work last night with Manhattan and another non monkey almost finished me off...

but riding tonight really hurt me :dead:

not a particularly long ride tonight, but a lot of hills... and the thing that sucked most is I was super busy today and forgot to eat... I ate a 6" sub right before we rode but it was almost to late to help... it wasn't till 30 minutes in till I actually felt some energy! I am going to bed in the only AC'd room in the house!!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i'm doing an ob/gyn rotation up here. uw is the med school for washington, of course, but also for wyoming, alaska, montana, and idaho so they encourage us* to head out to those states for the required rotations. i'll be in seattle for exactly half the year :eek: and on the road the rest of the time, 6 weeks at a time.

"encourage us" = free housing! a free rental car up here in the great white north, and free food if i lived in the surgery lounge, which i choose not to do :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Toshi said:
i'm doing an ob/gyn rotation up here. uw is the med school for washington, of course, but also for wyoming, alaska, montana, and idaho so they encourage us* to head out to those states for the required rotations. i'll be in seattle for exactly half the year :eek: and on the road the rest of the time, 6 weeks at a time.

"encourage us" = free housing! a free rental car up here in the great white north, and free food if i lived in the surgery lounge, which i choose not to do :D
and all the vaginas you can stomach....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Toshi said:
i'm doing an ob/gyn rotation up here....
bluebug32 said:
and all the vaginas....
Ok, this thread is now officially worthless without pics.

;)

And again it jives so well with my signature. It's a sig for all seasons, I tell ya!

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
bluebug32 said:
and all the vaginas you can stomach....
yeah, i've seen them all now, big, small, fat, skinny, clean, infected, +/- slimy little babies coming out of 'em, some where the uterus or bladder is trying to pop out into the light as well

:think:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yesterday:
97 in the sun, worse on the pavement, high humidity
23.2 miles in 1 hour 13 minutes for an average speed of 19.07mph

Today:
91 in the sun, worse on the pavement, average humidity
41.3 miles in 2 hours 10 minutes for an average speed of 19.06mph

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
jacksonpt said:
Yesterday:
97 in the sun, worse on the pavement, high humidity
23.2 miles in 1 hour 13 minutes for an average speed of 19.07mph

Today:
91 in the sun, worse on the pavement, average humidity
41.3 miles in 2 hours 10 minutes for an average speed of 19.06mph
are you a 'dirt roadie' :)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
i just got a free dinner thanks to a drug rep :thumb:

now time to work a bit of it off :dead:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It's the middle of winter here. Blowing a crazy storm force southerly straight from the antarctic, rain / hail /snowing. I'm sitting in front of the fire with a beer. Outside is NOT nice.