Quantcast

The work goes on at the New Charleston trails!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Hey all,
Well, it was a productive week, and then it wasn't. I cut a new trail this week, but didn't get any work on the old one, so still no jump trail yet. But I did cut out a drop on a smaller part of the hill, I want to try it as a step up also, so we shall see. I've been pretty beat after all the trail work since i'm doing all of it, so no ridding yet. The new Trail does have a trail head with a little jump to boot you into the woods. then a nice little jump again as you head towards the hill. I also found a nice area and cut out a double, It looks like its going to make a pretty sweet gap to throw down on, so i'm looking forward to doing that tomorrow, the only downside that its on the otherside of the hill, its not far, because nothing is more than 100 yards away, but it is the side that gets all the run off from water, so after rain, its a bit slick, and very very muddy on that side of the hill. I'm just going to keep work on these few trails, trying to have something ready to go for March, so hopfuly next week i can finish those two doubles i was working on last week, and start connecting some of these trails together! I'm also trying to get some wood to add a few ladders and whatnot in so places to add to the fun! I'll just keep updating you all.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
The advetures of Stick guy! Ok, so since I haven't rode any of these trails yet, and I'm building them on my own, and I'm bored and like making jokes at my own expense sometimes. I added some things to my pictures so you all can get a better idea of whats going on over here! Enjoy

Attachments

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
Stick Man's got steeze! I feel you bro, I've been workin on my own little trail/Jump spot in Lake Norman NC and it's rough diggin solo. I finally got a couple jump lines runnin and it's amazing how much more I've been able to push myself on features and trails I designed and built. I've been tryin to post some pics up but my camera fell out of my pack onto concrete when I was commin back from the jumps one day and it won't turn on. Looks like I'll just have hijack my parents video camera and post up some vids!

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Stick Man's got steeze! I feel you bro, I've been workin on my own little trail/Jump spot in Lake Norman NC and it's rough diggin solo. I finally got a couple jump lines runnin and it's amazing how much more I've been able to push myself on features and trails I designed and built. I've been tryin to post some pics up but my camera fell out of my pack onto concrete when I was commin back from the jumps one day and it won't turn on. Looks like I'll just have hijack my parents video camera and post up some vids!
Cant wait to see what you got!

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Dave, the trails and jumps look good! Sorry I have not been out there to help, gotta get some $$ together for the race season. You gonna be able to make the Clemson DH on the 8th? You might have to "cough-cough" call in sick:busted:

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Dave, the trails and jumps look good! Sorry I have not been out there to help, gotta get some $$ together for the race season. You gonna be able to make the Clemson DH on the 8th? You might have to "cough-cough" call in sick:busted:
haha, no, I'm not going to be doing much ridding outside of an hour untill after the wedding. So just BMX track, my trails, and marrington. I wish you could call in sick to the Air Force. cant wait to have you out to the new trails! they need some packing down soon! Oh, I'm going to take a rake, i drove around to the so called "BMX AREA" at Marrington, it was alot of fun! problably more fun than all other parts of the whole trail system! it will be crazy fast once those pine neddles are gone.

jknight

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
What's up guys, I'm a student at clemson and i'm working in charleston right now. I see you're building some trails. I'd like to help, haven't been able to ride anything decent in a while. Give me call at 864-483-2216 if you want some help digging.

wilbywise

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
Charleston, SC
Hey guys im kinda new to this forum, and have recently moved downtown. I like to ride trails but dont get to ride any here not having a car. Where are the good trails close to charleston

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Hey guys im kinda new to this forum, and have recently moved downtown. I like to ride trails but dont get to ride any here not having a car. Where are the good trails close to charleston
hey man, are you a student, if so, you can catch the CARTA bus to the north Charleston K mart, I'd be willing to pick you up there, and drop you off before the last bus of the day. its free!! I used it a few times going to class.

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
You are S.O.L if you dig gravity and you are in charleston. I used to live downtown on king st and my Sunday became a designated grocery getter. Sorry, but even the urban kind of sucks, unless you are into trials.

there's marrington up in goose creek, but its all XC. I hear IMBA is coming in March to maybe build a pump track there, which will be a nice addition.

there is kind of a gravity cavity behind the wall mart in james island, but i dunno what kind of shape it is in now. There used to be a few hucks with some nice transitions in it.

Now that rizzle park is gone, you are 2-3 hours from anything thats FR/DH oriented.

Where do you live downtown?

Streamline

Spammer Extraordinaire
Jul 9, 2007
Marrington is a lot of fun. No huge hucks or anything but good ol fashion fun. Other than that columbia is the closest thing but it is XC

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
there's marrington up in goose creek, but its all XC. I hear IMBA is coming in March to maybe build a pump track there, which will be a nice addition.

there is kind of a gravity cavity behind the wall mart in james island, but i dunno what kind of shape it is in now. There used to be a few hucks with some nice transitions in it.

QUOTE]

where did you hear about IMBA coming! thats crazy sweet! i'm heading out there next week, prob. on monday to rake out the rest of the "BMX area" and at some dirt in a few places to make it worth my wild with a few doubles.

and how long has it been since you seen whatever you said out there on james island? is it easy to figure out! i'm going to check that out next week! you still live in town?

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Sweet! glad to know my trails are the only fix huckers have in charleston. I guess i need to step it up and get these things running ASAP! speaking of that, does anyone want to come out to build? I could really use the help! I will have 3 trails ready for stunts to be built, and all you'll have to do after that is ride! any takers?

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
maybe plan a build day? anyone interested? I'll need help finished 3 sets of doubles, about 3-6 wooden bridges and stunts, and 3 berms. I'll just need to get wood from my job over to the trails. the 5-6th of April can be build & ride days if anyones interested.

jknight

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
I definity am interested. just let me know when. Where are you building the trails? I live on James Island.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
I definity am interested. just let me know when. Where are you building the trails? I live on James Island.
In hanahan, just before you get to Red bank road.. so close to marrington. I can plan for saturday morning this week.. like 8 or 9 till about 1? or just for a few hours?

wait.. unless you guys are going to clemson. But I'm going to cut out the last trail, and just start working on making those operational. Then cut more.

Tomorrow I'm finishing the roll in for the double, need just a tad more speed to make it fun! and maybe starting on the new double at the end of the trail i'm calling Ant bit! because when i first walked it, I got messed up by some fire ants!

jknight

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
I can do it saturday. I'm not going up to clemson. You need me to bring some tools or what?

jknight

Chimp
Sep 19, 2007
Can you give me some directions? I have been to marrington plantation and the "bmx" area. If that is where it is, where can you park so you don't have to walk from the trail head? Also if it rains I probably won't come out.

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
Can you give me some directions? I have been to marrington plantation and the "bmx" area. If that is where it is, where can you park so you don't have to walk from the trail head? Also if it rains I probably won't come out.
check your PM's. I working on both behind my house, and at the BMX area at marrington. I'll give the a link to the directions to my house.. call me also when your on your way. I love about 2 miles from Marrington.