Quantcast

The world's lightest saddle....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ow, I'd hate to have that pointy thing jab me in the rump when sitting back down on a climb... :eek:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
If they made a female version I might try it. (Not jabbing myself in the rump for you dirty minded people).:p

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
God help you if it failed. I, for one, will not be picking carbon fiber splinters out of my or anyone else's nether regions anytime soon.

Just imagine the emergency room visit:

Doctor- "you have what kind of splinters in your ass?"
You- "well I had this really lightweight seat..."

R.T.

Chimp
Nov 23, 2001
Everywhere
The selle Italia one was called the Evolution 1, carbon weave flite shaped shell with Ti rails. They haven't been made for awhile now. The later came out with a evo2 with carbon rails as well but just about all of those failed so the evo 1's are the saddle to have. I had to look everywhere to get one when I was going through a weight weeie fit for a race bike I was building.

It's actually more comfortable than a regular Flite because there is alot of flex in the carbon so it acts like 1/2" of bump absorbtion. It's 156grams.

Attachments

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by Steen Good Legs
Is this one!... 66 grams to be exact, thereby deminishing Tunecomp's Speedneedle by about 50%...:eek:

Check their web for further info:

ax-lightness.de

They should call this thing "the intruder". At least the one Selle Italia made had some shape to it.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Next up, The Worlds Fastest Hurting ass, with only 2 pedal strokes, your ass feels like you have been riding for 20 miles.:D

R.T.

Chimp
Nov 23, 2001
Everywhere
Yea, the shape of the AX-Lightness looks to be the saddle equivalent of a proctology exam. But I guess for the ultimate in lightness some are willing to suffer???

Like I said before some would be amazed at how comfortable the Flite evo 1 carbon is due to the flex. it's not cushy by any means but it really is more comfortable than the reg Flite. Now my evo 1 just sits on a shelf more like a colectable (since they are now rare) any only sees daylight for smooth short course races.

Now I have SDG Bel Airs on all my bikes, not light at all coming in at 282grams but I wouldn't trade them for any other saddle on the market.

way2jedi4u

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
Boulder, CO
what about those trials saddles that are about 2" by 2"? I'll stick with my comfy 200 gram saddle thank you, I'm sure it would hold up to freeriding a little better.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i would buy one. i don't like wide saddles they just don't feel comfy to me. i love my flite and have often thought about a carbon evolution. ppl think it would be really hard and uncomfortable, but you have to remember it's designed to flex. so the flex alone should take care of the "padding".