Quantcast

Theft at Joaquin Miller

Sarah K

Chimp
Dec 19, 2006
Boulder City, NV
I know this kind of thing is pretty common but just the same, I thought I would post. My car got broken into yesterday when I was riding at JM. I was parked along Skyline and the first trailhead area on the left. Luckily I took my wallet and cell phone with me and, most importantly, I was riding my damn bike so that didn't get stolen. But those ass-clowns did take a backpack with some clothes and a calendar book. I know this is a total longshot but if anyone riding in the area sees a black Jansport backpack with some random crap in it, I would love to get it back. Thanks. And don't make the same mistake I made - I only rode for two hours but that's all it took.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
pretty much a general rule of thumb to keep everything that *might* look like it is worth something out of sight (ie in the trunk)

scooderdude

Chimp
Feb 11, 2002
Bay Area
Same thing happened to me August 15, 2006, parked just below the new observatory in the big flat lot next to Skyline, across from the horse arena. One hour ride, came back, door open, window smashed, briefcase gone. In it, my friggen world, man.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
I know this kind of thing is pretty common but just the same, I thought I would post. My car got broken into yesterday when I was riding at JM. I was parked along Skyline and the first trailhead area on the left. Luckily I took my wallet and cell phone with me and, most importantly, I was riding my damn bike so that didn't get stolen. But those ass-clowns did take a backpack with some clothes and a calendar book. I know this is a total longshot but if anyone riding in the area sees a black Jansport backpack with some random crap in it, I would love to get it back. Thanks. And don't make the same mistake I made - I only rode for two hours but that's all it took.
I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for reminding us that break-ins don't always happen in urban environments.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Remember that when in the Oakland hills riding around you are a couple miles from super-crappy east Oakland.

Theft is exceedingly common around there.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
When I ride there I usually park on the main road at the first entrance. That seems like the heaviest traveled location, so it appears to be the safest bet.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
When I ride there I usually park on the main road at the first entrance. That seems like the heaviest traveled location, so it appears to be the safest bet.

I think that's where he was parked. I've seen cars broken into fairly often up in the parking lot with the restrooms by the horse arena. Broken windows. I usually park across skyline in the big parking lot with lights below Chabot Observatory.

I've never seen a car broken into there but, of course, it can happen anywhere. Leave anything that will catch a thieves eye in the trunk.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I think that's where he was parked. I've seen cars broken into fairly often up in the parking lot with the restrooms by the horse arena. Broken windows. I usually park across skyline in the big parking lot with lights below Chabot Observatory.

I've never seen a car broken into there but, of course, it can happen anywhere. Leave anything that will catch a thieves eye in the trunk.
I'm talking lower than that, I park after that big turn at the lower gate on the left (while driving up the hill).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Remember that when in the Oakland hills riding around you are a couple miles from super-crappy east Oakland.

Theft is exceedingly common around there.
I have to agree here. All the parking is off a high traffic road. It could be a ghetto dweller to a pothead teenager breaking into cars.