Quantcast

Theifed:

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
today someone broke into my garage, and jacked my surly. i hope a large truck carrying weighty objects runs over the perpetrator(s) as they cross the street to get an icecream.
odd, as i live out in vermont, where there arent many dedicated riders, and not many people steal bicycles.
if you're up in V-town anytime, and you see a 16" surly, with a flick, avids e13 guide and many many scratches from grinds, let me know.
GRRRR :angry:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
vtrider said:
today someone broke into my garage, and jacked my surly. i hope a large truck carrying weighty objects runs over the perpetrator(s) as they cross the street to get an icecream.
odd, as i live out in vermont, where there arent many dedicated riders, and not many people steal bicycles.
if you're up in V-town anytime, and you see a 16" surly, with a flick, avids e13 guide and many many scratches from grinds, let me know.
GRRRR :angry:
V-town?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
vtrider said:
vermont. perhaps i shouldve been clearer.
Obviously you're in Vermont, but "V-town" makes no sense. (B-town could = Burlington, Brattleboro, Burke, etc.. M-town could = Manchester, Montpelier, etc.. But V-town = Vermont...that's a stretch.)

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
vergennes/boarderline starksboro actually. i dont know what i was thinking when i responded. typed vermont instead of vergennes...my bad

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
my sister lives in bellows falls and works in chester and her husband works in putney and his family lives in vernon. that should be some pretty good coverage. if you gimme a pic ill send it to all them and have em keep there eyes open

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
That sucks. Do you have renters/homeowners insurance?

If so, the best thing to do is don't waste time worrying about what's gone and work the system. Put in a police report, then report it to your insurance. Find a shop that will make an itemized list of your bike and everything on it. Make sure to include any and all upgrades. Turn that into your insurance and hopefully they'll make things right. If I sound like I speak from experience...I do. I had my Ellsworth Isis stolen from my garage. My homeowners insurance came through for me and now I ride a Yeti 575. Life is good again. And I will never again leave my bike in my garage.

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
yes i do have homeowners, and a report has been filed. im not sure i actually have a picture of my bike, but if i find one ill post it.
ironically the one time i actually leave my bike in the garage instead of the basement bike shop area....bah

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
vtrider said:
yes i do have homeowners, and a report has been filed. im not sure i actually have a picture of my bike, but if i find one ill post it.
ironically the one time i actually leave my bike in the garage instead of the basement bike shop area....bah
Give yer LBS(s) a heads up right away. A lot of thieves want to know the value of a bike and will roll in and ask a bunch of stoopid questions. A bike got recovered in Phoenix 2 weeks ago that way.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
vtrider said:
vergennes/boarderline starksboro actually. i dont know what i was thinking when i responded. typed vermont instead of vergennes...my bad
No sweat...I didn't mean to seem so harsh. Us Upstate NYers got the border covered for ya' bro! :thumb:

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
yea I had a bike stolen out of my garage a few years ago. but the bike that was stolen wasn't worth the deductible I had on the insurance. So I didn't bother reporting it. I also live 5 minutes from Newark, NJ, so the bike was long gone by the time I found out it was missing (the next afternoon)