Quantcast

there's trouble a brewin

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
A buddy has a line on 4 VIP passes to this Sunday's RedSox/Yankees game at Yankee Stadium and he invited the Mrs. and I to go. I'm betting an obnoxious fan in RedSox gear in a Yankee VIP box wouldn't go over to well huh?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
A buddy has a line on 4 VIP passes to this Sunday's RedSox/Yankees game at Yankee Stadium and he invited the Mrs. and I to go. I'm betting an obnoxious fan in RedSox gear in a Yankee VIP box wouldn't go over to well huh?
Sweet! Beep when ya drive by!!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
jacksonpt said:
I'm betting an obnoxious fan in RedSox gear in a Yankee VIP box wouldn't go over to well huh?
isnt' that the first sign of the apocalypse?

Have fun! I love the box.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
Sounds like a Seinfeld episode............ :D

-S.S.-

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
I love this time of year,

Playoff time for baseball=Sox playing the Yankees
Start of the football season= Patriots going for 3 SB titles
Fall riding is the best in my opinion, cooler weather, leaves turning

Have fun at the game, you have to go to the home of the evil empire!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Arm On Fire said:

awesome you live in Exeter.....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Arm On Fire said:

I agree with most of that.

Sox/Yankees is great, especially the last few years... even if the Sox always end up losing. Start of football season is great, even if my teams suck. Fall riding is wonderful, especially in the northeast - leaves start to change and it's generally pretty dry, though not this year. Only downside right now is that things look really grim for hockey... season will probably end up cancelled.

And my baseball dream is to go to a late season/playoff game between the Sox/Yankees at Fenway - Fenway is a great place.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
the hockey situation=enjoy the world cup, 'cause it'll be 2005 the earliest before we see any NHL action. On a lighter note, you can go and watch the AHL teams real cheap, and there are about 4 teams within 40 miles of me=great action.

Yes, I live in Exeter, about a 3 minute ride from Ft. Rock
I work in Acton (Mass.)

The sox could do it this year, seriously, the yanks pitching sucks, totally relying on their bats, which are the best money could buy, but......

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Arm On Fire said:
The sox could do it this year, seriously,
I think I say that every year...

Arm On Fire said:
the hockey situation=enjoy the world cup, 'cause it'll be 2005 the earliest before we see any NHL action. On a lighter note, you can go and watch the AHL teams real cheap, and there are about 4 teams within 40 miles of me=great action.
Yea, I've been watching the World Cup... I love international competition - can't wait for the olympics too. We have Ottowa's AHL team in our town so I do go to some of their games... but the skill level just isn't the same.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Today 11:52 AM
jacksonpt
Yea, I've been watching the World Cup... I love international competition - can't wait for the olympics too. We have Ottowa's AHL team in our town so I do go to some of their games... but the skill level just isn't the same.
I hear ya, seems like they have better fighting, I feel like the AHL is more of a Thug league.

I love the rivalry we have here, Manchester (LA Kings) vs. Lowell (Carolina)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Arm On Fire said:

Yes, I live in Exeter, about a 3 minute ride from Ft. Rock
I work in Acton (Mass.)

The sox could do it this year, seriously, the yanks pitching sucks, totally relying on their bats, which are the best money could buy, but......
Screw the AHL - go see some Division I College Hockey games - even cheaper, and a better atmosphere/intensity level too! :thumb: