Feb 22, 2005
Wade Simmons: cause he gets what riding is about
Von Williams: cause he can do it all
Ralph: cause he built the first real drop I ever did

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I remember going to see my grandmother and Alex(BCD) was there with his 2x4 and I was so short I had to have him help me get on. And that point on I loved it. I still want an Inedible but the first bike he sugested was a C-dale super v 500 which I still have and it was awesome. Alex really started the sport for me.

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
I have to say Alison Dunlap, as I started out as a cross country racer and still race it from time to time -- Then Marla, who gave me encouraging words during my injury and who is an awesome all around rider and then, well I have to be corny and say my boyfriend Repack -- I could not be where I am as a rider today if he was not in my life

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm inspired by all the people i ride with and every once in a blue moon i'm inspired by Patrick McGoohan although i'm not sure if he rode a bike or not. :)

L

Lightninleana

Gary Ellis- He was a local BMX hero, I rode for the same team as him for a while and he was always wanting to help me out.
Brent Lee- Another local bmx ripper. When I was little he would help out at clinics and for anyone that has seen him ride he is awesome.
Leigh Donovan- Because when I made it to my first mtb worlds, I had no idea what was going on, or what the heck I was doing there and she tracked me down and rode the chair lift with me and gave me a lot of great advice.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
My buddy Simon who abused me into buying my first MTB.(It broke!)
Vanessa Quin for being such a nutter,and being really easy to talk to,oh and is damn fast on a bike.
Cadric Gracia,fun is where its at dudes and dudettes!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
heather rose(shyrmp) i have more fun when i ride with her than anyone else combined
marla streb. she started into the sport so late and gave up a great career to do what she loves. and shes fast
sean speed(old owner of a lbs) he got me started.

bikeguy100k

Monkey
Nov 11, 2001
Seattle, WA
Greg LeMond for his 3 tour wins and being the first American to do so

John Tomac - The guy could ride anything (DH,XC,road) and won! He even rode a little trials way back in the day!

My friend Dave (speedbump) because he always has a great attitude and he's fun to ride with. He helped me out with my first road bike when I was just getting into riding. :)

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
Bob Haro: in 1981. : In Wakarusa, IN: had never seen such skill before.
Hans Rey: in 1998. : In Buffalo, NY: had never seen such determination before.
Dave Mirra: in 2003. : In Rochester, NY: had never seen such big...soccer balls.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Gracia
Wade Simmons
Lance Armstrong

Each in there own way make me wanna ride/watch more riding. There are some bmxers too, but I will stop in place to watch those three :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sq-Earl 'cause he got me into the sport and keeps on pusing me everytime we ride.

The jackalopes (Mtnbkgrl, GeeSpot, Echo, Tweek, Instigator, Stuntmatty, Crashby, Sorgie, Squid, E-Love/Kettenring, greasy monkey, T-blazer, Westy, Ghostrider, Douglas, Deyv & Isa), 'cause they always wait up for me and keep encouraging me to get better & faster. I learn more from them everytime we all ride together than they can possibly imagine and the thoughts of riding with them keep me working when we're not riding together in anticipation of our next outing.

Marla - read the book and was astonished at all that she has accomplished and all that she gave up for biking :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dirt Merchant said:
I got to give a shout out to Evel Knieval too. Anyone my age will understand.
:thumb: Evel is awsome! Man, when I was a kid I had the Evel Knieval toys, went as Evel for halloween. I had an Evel Knieval bike too.