Quantcast

^*^ Thew stay ^*^

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning @johnbryanpeters :wave:

Our "return to work" plan was distributed yesterday. Basically a continuation of WFH, only going into the office when absolutely necessary and only for as long as is necessary. Space will get blown apart to turn our short walled cubicle farm into a socially distanced hoteling system, whatever that means.

Not too upset about this. Thinking the 15% pay cut I had to take a while back is a fair trade for this current arrangement.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Long open desks where you don't have a permanent seat, and possibly not enough desk to seat everyone so you only come on odd or even days.
Makes sense. They did emphasize that buildings should be at no more than 25% capacity, which is tough given my building houses the manufacturing floor and R&D, both of which are still physically on-site. The rest of us will have to be strategic about when we decide to show up.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
First meeting of the day at 5AM (after finishing work at midnight last night), then an hour of sleep, now back in back to back meetings.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
New dog day.
Hoping for shipping confirmation from Fox for shock and fork so I can complete my build, been 6mos since I’ve been on dirt.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Just got through our first meeting about re-opening the biergarten. Glad to see management is in no rush, and giving this lots of thought. Started packaging Nimble Giant today

In bikey news, I overhauled my suspension on my old sb66 this weekend with new seals, fluids, etc. and upgraded the drivetrain from the stock 3x10 (running as a 2x) to a new 1x12. So good.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The high school track has come out of quarantine so I ran 6.2 miles in a circle like a jackass this morning. Just enough walkers to annoy me, even at 6:30 in the morning, but the irritability was most likely due to the world currently burning to the ground.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Spun around Mountain Lion and Snowshoe Hare this morning because that’s fun. Working 2-10 pm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am here, that's about the extent of it. Was supposed to have something new to work on, but it seems I do not. Yay.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Got up to find one of our 8 week old kittens with a fishing hook through her lip. Where in the hell she found a fishing hook, I have no idea. I removed it and she was none the worse for wear. Giving her a few days of Orbax to nip any infections in the bud.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
She's sweet! Are you taking her home today? If so, we demand pichures, preferably with Hank! :)
Yep, bringing her home this afternoon.
Super sweet dog and her estrogen will be a welcome addition for my wife.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fucking mindless rioters broke into and trashed a dialysis clinic in San Leandro putting 100s of people; predominantly of color, lives at risk. Totally has me pissed off.
WTF???? :banghead: I have a hard time seeing how anyone could do this, same as for attacking EMTs and firemen. One day everyone of us will need their help. So even if you are an egoistic asshole maybe think ahead?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Makes sense. They did emphasize that buildings should be at no more than 25% capacity, which is tough given my building houses the manufacturing floor and R&D, both of which are still physically on-site. The rest of us will have to be strategic about when we decide to show up.
Stategery indicates "almost never".

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Haven’t read this gmt yet, hope everyone is alright.

There are currently hundreds of protesters gathering across the street from my studio. Yesterday some galleries pulled their inventory and some storefronts were boarded up. I got some of my stuff out last night but only a fraction of it.
The same type of “peaceful protests” stared in the next city over and resulted in a shit ton of damage to downtown.

To say I am worried is a fucking understatement.

Going to head off into the woods to hide for a few hours.

Y’all stay safe.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

There are currently hundreds of protesters gathering across the street from my studio. Yesterday some galleries pulled their inventory and some storefronts were boarded up. I got some of my stuff out last night but only a fraction of it.
The same type of “peaceful protests” stared in the next city over and resulted in a shit ton of damage to downtown.

Y’all stay safe.
Im good here
20200602_153647.jpg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Y’all stay safe.
Question...let's say something were to happen, and your studio is smashed up and looted. Would insurance make you whole again? Or would you suffer a large financial hit? Genuinely curious, as I have no idea how that would work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
many insurance providers write in Riots or civil unrest in their Force Majeure clauses.

Mike's not a weirdo (well I mean, he is, but that isn't he point...) There is nothing wrong with defending your shit. I'd wager if a looter had the choice of breaking into two places, they'll pick the one without an armed owner. Or, leave it to law enforcement and hope they don't decide your block is where they'll try and contain the riot, that your shop doesn't become an acceptable property loss.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Question...let's say something were to happen, and your studio is smashed up and looted. Would insurance make you whole again? Or would you suffer a large financial hit? Genuinely curious, as I have no idea how that would work.
Between the 'all-risk' payouts for covid-related shutdowns/lockouts and now property damage we're all going to suffer a large financial hit in the form of a bailout.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
many insurance providers write in Riots or civil unrest in their Force Majeure clauses.

Mike's not a weirdo (well I mean, he is, but that isn't he point...) There is nothing wrong with defending your shit. I'd wager if a looter had the choice of breaking into two places, they'll pick the one without an armed owner. Or, leave it to law enforcement and hope they don't decide your block is where they'll try and contain the riot, that your shop doesn't become an acceptable property loss.
Commercial policies cover rioting and looting, but just like most insurance there are deductibles. There will also be premium increases if a business owner is actually naïve enough to file a claim.

Regardless, shooting people is definitely the correct thing to do here. Your personal property is absolutely more important than another person's life.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
people and their faith in insurance companies doing the right thing....

go get fucked.