Quantcast

Things Finally Go Right

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
So i got out today for a 2 hour ride. i went to the other side of the lake. it's a little eerier because not many people travel it and it feels much more secluded and tucked in the woods. both times i've gone now i have come across deer. they are fvckin HUGE when you're on level ground with them. amazing.

today was really cool. the way to the otherside is all up. steep incline. i have to walk the whole way. then once you're on top and riding the ridge it's a bunch of ups and downs and turns and fun cool stuff.

the walk up, which happens to be very grassy could be fun riding down cause there's nothing to trip you up...would just be the thrill of the speed in which you could go down it.

the other way to go back down is a path that is definitely more technical for me. it's a single track. has lots of rocks at various places and it winds down the side of the hill. i've only done this twice. the first time i crashed while trying to get off the bike. i got nervous at certain parts where the path would turn at a sharp angle and there'd be a cluster fvck of rocks thrown about. i walked a bit of it the first time.

this time i road the whole way except for one spot where a thick branch crossed the path...you're on the hillside so there is no other way to go. i felt i could have crossed it...but with the rocks and steep descent i decided to walk that. this was about half way down, so i got off, walked over it then road the rest of the way down. sometimes terrified that i would fall and head down the hillside. there are parts where i rode fairly slow to manoeuvre over the rocks and turns. one particular time i was going a bit too fast and got nervous so i hit my breaks a little too hard. but i was able to catch myself and regain control and get all the way to the bottom. when i got to the bottom all i could think of was "now THAT was fvckin cool!!" and then the next thought was "and no one was there to share it with me..damn it".

i'll do that grassy downhill one of these days, but it felt great being able to go around those bends while riding slowly over rocks right to the end.

i have no photos because when your holding on for dear life, it's hard to stop and capture the moment. :biggrin: