Quantcast

Things you find on the side of the road .

splat

Nam I am
Last Night on my Ride home.
as I got to the section of of trail where I change from trail to Road, I have to dismount to get over a Guard rail. As I look down I see a Full Sealed Bottle of Jagermister. there was a Dent in the cap, but still sealed ! Yea Hah!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
They would probably taste better than Jaeger. Ugh.
One of the first times I got drunk was during a party in high school and I was drinking Jaeger. We were playing beirut and I wound up taking out all the full cups with my arm after I tossed the ball. The party mainly consisted of the hockey team so they forced me to wear a hockey helmet the rest of the night.

Ahhh memories.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Saw a familiar yellow next to the road and turned around and sure enough, Dewalt 18v drill that fell off of someone's truck. Had a brand new battery installed. I bought a charger off ebay for 8 bucks and still use it to this day.:weee:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Last Night on my Ride home.
as I got to the section of of trail where I change from trail to Road, I have to dismount to get over a Guard rail. As I look down I see a Full Sealed Bottle of Jagermister. there was a Dent in the cap, but still sealed ! Yea Hah!
dear diary,

JACKPOT

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Worked for the highway department the summer after high school before I went to college. I collected marlboro miles off the packs on the side of the road. Saved enough to get a couple of the best items out of the catalog. There are more jugs filled with urine on the side of the road than most people would believe.

One of the crew members found a sex toy and did not know what it was. Decided to hold it up in the air bare handed and asked the boss what it was.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
Found a cell phone, so I called last call made, found the owner, and got a finders fee of $100.

I've found lots of hand tools. Most I still have.

Found a commercial roof exhaust fan sheetmetal shroud, brand new. Took it home, and turned the shroud into a unique bird feeder roof.

Found a brand new specialized MTB helmet near my house (near a state park) so I put it in lost&found at said state park. Eventually had it given to me, now my 8yr old son uses it.

Found someone's wallet more than once. Most times people tip me for returning them.

Found a set of car/house/other keys with a work ID tag on it. Found and called owner of said keys, and she asked me to return them to her house. So after work, I rode my bike there. She was not home when I knocked at door (lights on, car in drive), so I just left the keys and a note. Never heard back, no thanks or anything.

Found a specialized bmx bike, put out with trash (right on top of trash cans). Brought it home, gave it a little TLC, now my son uses it.

Found a classic Schwinn speedster, again, out with trash (I used to live in NEwton MA, people throw away nice stuff). It had good chrome bits, and even the original tires with little nubs still on, I've got that hanging in the garage rafters. someday It might be worth something.

I'm sure there is more, back when I was riding bike to work, I saw so much stuff, especially in the morning portion of my commute.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I found a mercury mountaineer in my driveway running. I pulled it forward into the street. The cops came and towed it. I went to the store and bought cat food. When I came home the cops asked me if I knew about it. I acted confused and they left...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I found a bag of weed. No lie.

I was getting gas, and was casually looking around as the car filled up. I looked down and saw that familiar site of a rolled up ziplock baggie. I picked it up and put it in my pocket without looking at it. I got home and pulled it out and it was an 1/8 of some very nice herb.

Best I can figure is someone bought a bag and filled up on the way home, pulled their cash out and didn't notice when their bag also fell out.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tool box with tools - lots of tools. Wallets. Misc useful items

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Plenty of tools, some money occasionally, an old sears and roebuck ten speed that I use for commuting. The only maintenance I have ever performed on that bike is lube on the chain and air in the tires.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
A group of us were downhilling at Snowshoe, and had the shuttle bus drop us off on a side road. My buddy found a bag of weed laying there while he was gearing up. We had a great rest of the day.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I found a bag of weed. No lie.

I was getting gas, and was casually looking around as the car filled up. I looked down and saw that familiar site of a rolled up ziplock baggie. I picked it up and put it in my pocket without looking at it. I got home and pulled it out and it was an 1/8 of some very nice herb.

Best I can figure is someone bought a bag and filled up on the way home, pulled their cash out and didn't notice when their bag also fell out.
When I was in College I found no less then 4 bags throughout my years. Always put a smile on my face.

Digging test pits in a not so good portion of Seattle a couple weeks ago I found what I though was black tar heroin. I buried that sh^t about 20 feet in the ground.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Found an old DBR hardtail by the side of the road in Spokanistan...road home on my bike, pulling the DBR along with me. Guy pulls up, asks where my riding buddy is...I looked at him and said "He was right here...wonder where he went?"
Guy drives off to buy coffee and meth...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Either trailside or on group road rides I find water bottles all the damn time. Somehow it's never the crappy ones, it's always the camelbak ones. I'm up to 4 of those now, all found... and one of those fancy Polar insulated ones.