Quantcast

things you learn from crazy international calling

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So i finally figured out how to call belgium (that only took about 20 mins). Then i got to have conversations in half english/ half belgian (I always thought they spoke french, guess not).

Anyways i learned one thing, talk really slow, and they WILL understand.

woooo :p

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
actually I was calling ravenshot. no clue where that is, but it sure sounded flemish. Sure wasn't dutch or french, that I can assure you.

I talked really slow...they seemed to figure it out.:)

Now im wide awake from slamming coffee to stay up and call these weirdos.

Originally posted by Transcend
So i finally figured out how to call belgium (that only took about 20 mins). Then i got to have conversations in half english/ half belgian (I always thought they spoke french, guess not).

woooo :p
why were you calling Belgium? to see if Gold Member(i think that's his name) is terrorizing the good English people again?:)

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
actually I was calling ravenshot. no clue where that is, but it sure sounded flemish. Sure wasn't dutch or french, that I can assure you.

I talked really slow...they seemed to figure it out.:)

Now im wide awake from slamming coffee to stay up and call these weirdos.
Huh that's weird, most Flemish people speak English fluently.

And most of them also speak French and German, because we have 3 official languages :
- Flemish/Dutch
- French
- German

We are not weird, we are just different :p

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The only belgian I've ever met didn't speak belgian he spoke french. It was fun to mess with him saying he must not really be from belgium since he didn't speak belgian. Then he'd go off on his rant about how there isn' t a belgian language, only french and flemmish but nobody really speaks flemmish anymore. Then he'd mutter something in french and move on. The guy was a hoot to be around though, talk about a sense of humor.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I thought all foreigners understand english spoken slowly and loudly. If that fails just throw some random vowels on the end of each word. Like " youa speaka el english"