Quantcast

thinkin about moving to flagstaff

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
word hardtails are fun. i am diggin on mine. lets get back on track here guys! got any pics of those jumps doug?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hey thats a blurry profro in the last pic. the gap on the third looks to about 20 feet. are these at windrock proper or just near there?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
biggins said:
hey thats a blurry profro in the last pic. the gap on the third looks to about 20 feet. are these at windrock proper or just near there?
They are at Bigfoot MTN Park which is on Pellissippi Parkway in west Knox county on your way to Windrock. About 5 minutes from my work and about 10 minutes from home. :)

The first picture is the take off view of the same jump in the third pic. The gap is close to twenty, but its a step-down, double that is so easy to hit and SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well when my jumping balls come back maybe i should make a trip to knockerville. ride your jumps and some urban around etsu.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Come on over. I'll put you up for the weekend. We can get in a lot of riding and fishing. BTW I forgot to tell you that I saw you in TwentySix. Funny.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i'm feeling the flagstaff itch since i visited in july. that place absolutely rocks. if there was any semblance of a decent job market there, i'd already be a resident. as it is, we're deciding between flagstaff (awesome place, no jobs) and raleigh (crappy place, awesome jobs)... why is it anywhere that's nice to live is crappy to work in and vice versa?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hey raleigh has lots of bad ass street riding and some pretty good xc trails around it as well. i grew up there and the street riding is endless

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
profro said:
Come on over. I'll put you up for the weekend. We can get in a lot of riding and fishing. BTW I forgot to tell you that I saw you in TwentySix. Funny.
you like my claim to fame huh? well iguess i got the 15 minutes of fame that andy warhol promised me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Flagstaff riding is great - I moved there one spring and lived there for several months. I got myself a crappy job and rode singletrack ~5 miles to work and back EVERY day.

I only scratched the surface of the riding available, and I'd bet there's a lot more now (this was spring '95).......

There just weren't enough mountains there for me.

-S.S.-