Quantcast

This bike has EVERYTHING you want!!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I like the dual-chain idea...Gack had a bike like that a few years ago. 'Minotaur' I think??

I tried to get Zedro to make his prototype bike have that double chain thing...

I like it but 2 rear shock??? Pointless.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
lovebunny said:
so the leverage ratio is sooo high on it that it needs 2 shocks so that you dont blow the rear on evry compression?

I don't see how the leverage ratio would be so high, it doesn't look completely out of whack. Maybe put a tougher shock on there like Avy or El Jefe and you'd be set.

edit: just noticed...no gears???

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
lovebunny said:
so the leverage ratio is sooo high on it that it needs 2 shocks so that you dont blow the rear on evry compression?

I was thinking that to... it's pointless.. mabey something for Bender.

I dont see Jenna Jameson on it either....sorry, not everything I want.

hehhe that's a good one :D

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
you don't even need pegs becuse you could do such massive down tube grinds,

another thing that I noticed was: Were they tryin to save some weight by putting singletracks on that bike? I like single tracks but they just looks weird on that bike

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
ChrisRobin said:
edit: just noticed...no gears???
Speedhub in the back, thats why its a jackshaft layout i guess.

Theres something oddly compelling about the general design tho, very industrial and minimalistic (well ok not counting the dual shocks :rolleyes: ); that seat/shock tower is an interesting concept.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
buildyourown said:
Rohloff or other internal

Hey, if you can sell lifted trucks with 3 shocks on each wheel to rednecks, why can't you sell a DH bike with 2 shocks to uneducated bikers?
They will for sure...still sometines talk with people who's dreambike is a Karpiel Apocalypse....as much as I like my Army I can not see the good idea in the two shocks on the Apo.... :think:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
JAB said:
nuff said...
No, not nearly enough?
Any pictures of the whole bike?
Why two shocks?
Are the shocks linkage driven on the swingarm or is the mount just massively overbuilt?
Is that a Nexxus hub and if so, I thought those hubs got destroyed DHing? Or if its a polished Rohloff (doesn't look like it though) ditto?
Or is it some sort of mini-gearbox deal?
That integrated seat tower/shock mount looks like it would be handy keeping the relation of seat-to-rear wheel while offering loads of HT angle/BB height adjustment.
So say some more.....

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
zedro said:
that seat/shock tower is an interesting concept.
Until you slip off the pedals and de-grundle-ize yourself on the end of the seat-tube, and the tower clamp.

I think it actually looks alright, too. The setup in Zedro's pic is single shock. Looks like he just tried the double shock because he could.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i like it
*ducks as chainrings fly in my general direction*

no seriously, i find something stranglely attractive about it, mind you thats no suprise considering.
as zedro said, it has a very industrial look to it, which i like in a bike.
i'd hit it...

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
RhinofromWA said:
Two shocks so they can spring it for the fatties? (like me)

Just bouncing ideas out there....
Yea maybe its for the more heavy duty riders out there or just a high leverage ratio on the shock

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Well it's got a high leverage ratio right? So if you're a big fella, say you'd need a 1000# spring with one shock. Two shocks you could have two 500's. And apparently you can switch b/t one and two shocks, weird, but kinda nice. I'm curious about it's weight.

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
EVRAC said:
I think it's a Nexus 7 hub. I've got an 8, but the big problem with both is how to mount the disk? I'm designing an adaptor and I'd love to see how he did it.
It's defiantely a Rohloff.. 1) there is no way you could mount a disc on a nexus unless you have some adapter that you've made since Shimano doesn't freakin make one!! (I also have a Nexus 8)... and 2) the Nexus is only in 132mm... and that bike MUST have more than 132..

2 shock idea has been done before - remember the ORIGINAL C'Dale Gemini that Gracia was riding - Swinger 6-way and a 3-way air to relieve the pressure.. In this case it definately looks like the design will NEED the two shocks. leverage ratio will be reallllllllly high!! :nope:

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
dhpimp said:
It's defiantely a Rohloff.. 1) there is no way you could mount a disc on a nexus unless you have some adapter that you've made since Shimano doesn't freakin make one!! (I also have a Nexus 8)... and 2) the Nexus is only in 132mm... and that bike MUST have more than 132..

2 shock idea has been done before - remember the ORIGINAL C'Dale Gemini that Gracia was riding - Swinger 6-way and a 3-way air to relieve the pressure.. In this case it definately looks like the design will NEED the two shocks. leverage ratio will be reallllllllly high!! :nope:
that Gemini was a 6 bar floating axle path bike, like the BCD 2x4..completly different concept that had nothing to do with leverage ratio.

and fitting a 132mm hub into 135mm dropouts isnt hard, just add a 3mm spacer. Disk brake adapters can be made if you have the ressources to make a bike anyways.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
dhpimp said:

Well seeing that this bike is custom made, they could of made an adapter. I tired looking up pics of a bike some dude in Poland made...he had Hayes brakes with a Nexus hub. If it is a Rohloff hub, his rear cog seems big for the chainrings he's running.