Quantcast

This is gross...but I have to know.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Riding XC and CX you spend alot of time with your ass on the saddle. Mostly I ride DH so this isnt too big a deal, but Ive been spending more and more time on my SS and am planning to do a little more racing. I have some lycra shorts with a chamois inside and all, but WELL, here's my question.

Do you guys shave your asshair? Or at least trim it? Or do you like lube your crack with some kind of goo? Or what?

No, Im not kidding at all.:dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No hair removal here. For normal riding spandex shorts with a chamois is much more comfortable, wear normal shorts over them if you don't like the lycra look. For really long rides stuff like bodyglide applied to friction and contact areas reduces the chance of saddle sores.

No need to do anything with your crack unless you don't plan mounting a seat to your seatpost, then lubricate generously.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have never used any kind of chamois butter or bodyglide - never had to worry about saddle sores and I ride a lot. Shaving your butt crack seems like a bad idea but... let us know how it works for you. :D

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Dude... there was a thread on here a while ago about some dude that shaved "there" and it was ALL bad news. Something about nasty smells, cheek-stuble, leakage..:eek:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by -BB-
Dude... there was a thread on ehre a while ago about some dude that shaved "there" and it was ALL bad news. Something about nasty smells, cheek-stuble, leakage..:eek:
Im not going to stick a ****ing Mach3 down there man, but I have these clippers, you know, and I was thinking maybe a buzzcut would cut down on some of the soreness, if hair doesnt get pulled as a I move around on the saddle. Im not very hairy or anything, but still.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Wahahahhahaha... electric clippers where the sun don't shine sounds like an even better idea. :p
I think he just likes the idea of using a vibrating electrical device back there.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
hey, thanks!

Im going to order some of that stuff right now. Hmm...I wonder if mayonnaise would work just as well though.:think:

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Originally posted by Colin
Isn't chamois 'butter' the same stuff they use to lube cows' utters during milking? Isn't there a brand named 'Bag Balm?'
Yup. It just doesn't sound as encouraging to someone who's just getting their mind around the concept.... ;)

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wrong. Bag Balm is petrolatum and lanolin with antisptics. Chamois butter is totally different in consistancy and is easier to wash up. Bag Balm will ruin chamois.
the bag balm is what you use when you've already got the sore bag then?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
For chapped teats, superficial scratches, abrasions, windburn and sunburn. After each milking apply the Bag Balm thoroughly and allow a coating to remain on the surface. Bag Balm Dilators may be needed if teat canal is injured. Using individual towels, thoroughly wash treated teats and udder before each milking to avoid contamination of milk. bry with clean cloth. Keep out of reach from children. Not recommended for use as a personal lubricant. For Vetrinary use only.

I had goats for pets when I was a kid. :cool:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
For chapped teats, superficial scratches, abrasions, windburn and sunburn. After each milking apply the Bag Balm thoroughly and allow a coating to remain on the surface. Bag Balm Dilators may be needed if teat canal is injured. Using individual towels, thoroughly wash treated teats and udder before each milking to avoid contamination of milk. bry with clean cloth. Keep out of reach from children. Not recommended for use as a personal lubricant. For Vetrinary use only.

I had goats for pets when I was a kid. :cool:
:confused: so its bad for the cornhole? I thought they sold that stuff on MTB sites and in mags. But its "not recommended as a personal lubricant"

So, its just a skin chapstick?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I used to get it at the Grange Supply - it says vetrinary use only so I would assume they know their product - what I wrote is exactly what the tin says.

Originally posted by BurlySurly
:confused: so its bad for the cornhole? I thought they sold that stuff on MTB sites and in mags. But its "not recommended as a personal lubricant"

So, its just a skin chapstick?

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Originally posted by ghostrider
Wooglin, do you swear that stuff actually works? Man, I did a fifty miler this weekend, and I coulda gone another 50 if my ass wasn't hurting so bad.
Some people swear by it, some don't. Worth a try though.

We're talking chamois butter here right? I stand corrected on the bag balm.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by wooglin
We're talking chamois butter here right? I stand corrected on the bag balm.
Yup, I'm talking about the Butt Butter. I'm not using anything called Bag Balm unless I'm having issues with my bag. Which I'm not, for the record.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
If you vain toads wouldn't shave off all your natural dry lubricant- body hair- then you wouldn't need to slather up your asses and ballzakks with grease like a pig at a 4-H contest! :D
They don't call me gorilla legs for nothing. :cool:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
if your talking about short rides like below 3 hours i would just tough it out you'll get used to it. for rides more than that espically on the mtb off road i use chamois butter its like the nector of the gods.

J

JRB

I'm embarassed to input that I use chamois butter now. I was having some sores and the butt'r feels oh so nice. I just squirt it on the chamois and don't get it on my hands. :o:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
ghostrider said:
Wooglin, do you swear that stuff actually works? Man, I did a fifty miler this weekend, and I coulda gone another 50 if my ass wasn't hurting so bad.
Does yur butt hurt from the pounding from the saddle or from "rubbing and chaffing"? I dont think I have ever had a problem with this...But maybe so. After a century I will have developed a cuople of largish ( bout small chick pea size) bumps down round the ol' chodel area...Is that from rubbing? Prventable with this stuff?