Fwiw, all my bikes have a guide/guard.
Wilson has an MRP G5
Blue Pig and Spartan have an MRP SXg.

East coast rox + 34/36t ringz.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Might be a quality product, no comments on that.

But $214 CAD for a pulley......... :panic:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
same thing with this seat angle adjuster shim, i really want it, but the finally price is gonna be 150$

but small scale manufacturing is expensive, i get it :/

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Your skinny khaki jeans to go along with your plaid button-up and your goggle lense mounted to the frame from your shades. All supported by your mustache.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Might be a quality product, no comments on that.

But $214 CAD for a pulley......... :panic:

Based on the gear size and tire mounting directions I assume that is some kind of dedicated uphill bike.

for that price I would expect an integrated O-chain in an idler.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
same thing with this seat angle adjuster shim, i really want it, but the finally price is gonna be 150$

but small scale manufacturing is expensive, i get it :/

It is usually cheaper to get a bike that fits in the first place.

But you can probably afford $20 for a 3-d printed do-dad that cost pennies to make that replaces a basic ruler you should already own.

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Not that they have been doing anything of note lately, but look for Enve Composites to further enter the toilet as their parent company looks to go the publicly traded route.

Nothing better for quality and development than to be concerned with stock prices and ROI. The reason why Fox Shox has major discounts near the end of each financial quarter as of late. Gotta pump those numbers up! :p

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So while I'm babysitting my sick kid, I put in an old race DVD. Has anyone gone to 29 DH (or even enduro) and then back to 26?

The reason I ask is because of the race footage, back in the day, the boys look like they're having a bit more fun manipulating the bike on the 26. Like go back and look at some freecaster footage, Earthed, etc. See how fast they can change direction? Maybe it's just me.

I'd totally do it. Just for kicks. But don't have a frame or the wheels or anything for that matter, now that I think of it :D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
looks pretty euro to me :rofl:

yeah that sport thats even more branded up and commercialized than anything in mtb....that's definitely where I take my cues from after getting fed up with the bullshit in mountainbiking

that makes sense :rofl:

dirtbike people are ridiculing that stupid thing, mountainbikers would be placing preorders

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
So while I'm babysitting my sick kid, I put in an old race DVD. Has anyone gone to 29 DH (or even enduro) and then back to 26?

The reason I ask is because of the race footage, back in the day, the boys look like they're having a bit more fun manipulating the bike on the 26. Like go back and look at some freecaster footage, Earthed, etc. See how fast they can change direction? Maybe it's just me.

I'd totally do it. Just for kicks. But don't have a frame or the wheels or anything for that matter, now that I think of it :D
This guy did-
EDIT. That's not it.

Double EDIT- This is-

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
My 26 mullet dh bike is more nimble than my full 29 trailbike.

I had them both out and took them for the same ride when putting them away. Deeking around trees, between house and fence, firepit and assorted back yard detritus I was surprised at how agile the dh bike actually was, or should I say how much of a barge the 9r is in comparison.

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This guy did-
7 seconds is an eternity when 1-10th place will all be within 1-2 seconds.

I love how 27.5 feels downhill and how far back I can get behind the rear wheel...but that doesn't make it faster.

It's kind of amazing to see how "fast" some cars are at autocross, like freaking trucks are only 10s slower...but that's the point, the fastest all within a tenth of a second.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just out of curiosity... How many of you run a bash guard of some description? For me it is just sop, don't think I would ever consider not doing so as long as chainrings are exposed.
MRP G2 device with bash on the enderpo thingy. Given the state of the bash, I'd say I need it although the reduced clearance could actually make it hit more?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My 26 mullet dh bike is more nimble than my full 29 trailbike.

I had them both out and took them for the same ride when putting them away. Deeking around trees, between house and fence, firepit and assorted back yard detritus I was surprised at how agile the dh bike actually was, or should I say how much of a barge the 9r is in comparison.

toldyouso2.JPG

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Has anyone gone to 29 DH (or even enduro) and then back to 26?
Ridden an XL Giga 290 back to back with a M 26" session and a M 26" Capra on the same DH track.
Compared to the 26" bikes the Giga felt like cheating.
I now own the Giga but still prefer riding the Capra.

Guess what? MOAR nimble/playful doesn't equal faster

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Just out of curiosity... How many of you run a bash guard of some description? For me it is just sop, don't think I would ever consider not doing so as long as chainrings are exposed.
I used to. The last bike was on the GG Mega. In mach plaid mode. The BB was super low.

It took me a only a bike or two to figure out I needed a chain guide. I mean, it is the Rocky Mountains. :D

Now I just run the regular endurpo style chain guard. No bash. If I did more DH, I'd prolly do the bashy bash. For my locals, bah, I know how to ride a bike.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Ridden an XL Giga 290 back to back with a M 26" session and a M 26" Capra on the same DH track.
Compared to the 26" bikes the Giga felt like cheating.
I now own the Giga but still prefer riding the Capra.

Guess what? MOAR nimble/playful doesn't equal faster
Well true. If I were racing, I'd go for faster. But now? I'm looking for moar fun. We have tight, twisty trails that I wouldn't mind banging on a 26. Just for kicks.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
outside of 6ft wide bike park and trail center grades, it often does
Here's a short video of the track

Didn't have my tape measure with me but I guess some of it may well be 6ft wide. Most. as you can see is fairly tight.
Not sure exactly what you meant by "trail centre grades" but our pedally mellow gradient manmade trail centre descents is one place a capable FS 29er definitely isn't any quicker than an old 26" bike for me.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I only see one thing wrong with the industry:::
People, ones who use words like Analog bike..FUCK OFF...it's a bike you twat, yours is a E-Bikes...real simple...

Oh and not everyone runs an o-chain and schwalbes...I'll let woo slide cause , well he's woo...(get out of jail free card, cause he talks shit and it's usually true and just funny)

I have some gripes like anyone , usually personal preference so I don't voice em, just try and enjoy and try new stuff ..

BUT this "analog" bullshit just irritates me like the word moist, spicy, and mumble rap...

Oh SCREW IT... secretly I hate everyone...they are all breathing my air ..

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I only see one thing wrong with the industry:::
People, ones who use words like Analog bike..FUCK OFF...it's a bike you twat, yours is a E-Bikes...real simple...

Oh and not everyone runs an o-chain and schwalbes...I'll let woo slide cause , well he's woo...(get out of jail free card, cause he talks shit and it's usually true and just funny)

I have some gripes like anyone , usually personal preference so I don't voice em, just try and enjoy and try new stuff ..

BUT this "analog" bullshit just irritates me like the word moist, spicy, and mumble rap...

Oh SCREW IT... secretly I hate everyone...they are all breathing my air ..
1704837776917.png

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
bike magazine: always with a finger on the pulse of the next generation of extreme mountainbiking :rofl:

hahahaha....that's gotta be a joke. i actually know that dude and he's a legit good/fast rider. although young and trying a bit hard on the youtube thing.

the trail he's on is a local one that we have made fun of for years as dirt roadie favorite. we actually named that feature the "Lowesplosion" years ago when they made it because it was such a waste of lumber :rofl: