Quantcast

This just in:

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Deer Valley is rough. Almost brutal.

By the time there have been 3000 runs down the course, I think we may or may be approaching Schweitzer levels. Well, close anyway.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
James | Go-Ride said:

By the time there have been 3000 runs down the course, I think we may or may be approaching Schweitzer levels. Well, close anyway.
I agree. I'm sitting in the RV Resort and the course is brutal. Already have a bent brake lever, any chance you guys have a Hope lever down there? And how far is Go-Ride from SLC?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
From DV it's sooo easy to go to go-ride!!
Go to I-80 west bound from Deer VAlley. As soon as you get in SLC, llok for the signs, take the 700 E exit south bound to 33rd S, go west bound to 400E....
Probably 30-35' depending on your driving.

Anyway, the course rocks!!!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Yeah i agree....100x rougher than what most of us from SoCal have been riding. I managed to flat a rear today. From what I heard several people took trips to the Hospital already.

Any other monkey on here racing DS?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
James | Go-Ride said:

Gosh...I am so hating being on my ass today!!! I loved that course the rougher it got because everybody else was backing off as the roots and stumps got taller and the rubble got deeper and looser...the braking bumps got massive.

I remember the last day that pros were only doing 2 runs per day b/c the course was changing SO DRASTICLY after each run that it was a new course every run....."kicking self in skull" :cool:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
It sucks I couldn't make it out there; it sounds like I'm missing a fun course. If anyone has any pictures, I would love to see the course. I'm looking forward to Brian's Head, though.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
James | Go-Ride said:

Sounds like another lousy boring unchallenging Norba course.... :rolleyes:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
James | Go-Ride said:
I think we may or may be approaching Schweitzer levels. .
I am hopping Schweitzer wont be so bad this year, we have been getting allot of rain lately up here, so who knows.