Quantcast

This must be a sure sign I am getting old... :(

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I went caravan shopping this weekend. I want something small, mainly because I only have a V6 Tacoma to haul it. Plus it would only be for two of us. It is funny though, there was a time when I never would have considered using anything but a tent and hiking my way into some place remote.

But I was thinking of taking a couple of weeks off next summer and heading to the Grand Canyon or something.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
fluff said:
It's gonna be heavy work getting that to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Maybe a tent would still be a better option?
Not if you huck it from the edge, I bet it would get to the bottom faster than a donkey.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
SkaredShtles said:
Just get a big tent. You'll get much better gas mileage and save a bunch of money that you can use to go more places. :D
Yeah but when you see how much crap my girlfriend packs for a weekend camp trip... :dead:

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
with the second camper..is the shell a bed too? the first one looks pretty cool..i'd say get it, you can use it to take a trip across the country and ride some mtns while you are at it!!
but IMO get it. the tacoma can handle it no problem, that is very small and decently light.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Caravans suck. Sorry bro, it's true.

And "only" a V6 Tacoma? In the UK people tow huge vans behind little fords. Everybody hates them.

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
SilentJ, that is a good idea, then again, i would rather own, like anyone else..its probably dirty as hell in those small rentals..waht about those fold down when you drive and fold up when you want to chill in there

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
:rofl: Yep, that's getting old. I'm not there yet, but my therm-a-rest collection is a lot like the rings of a tree. The older I get, the fatter my pad.

How about something from legendary SilverTwinkie clan:

... and habitatxskate, no license - no car talk. :clue: ;)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i know two different couples who started out just wanting to get a little pop-up travel trailer.

both are now sporting full on winnebago type houses on wheels.
it's gotta be like some kind of drug. never enough till you have the biggest they make.

don't fall into that trap.

the camper on top of the rover is where it's at.