Quantcast

this ones for Heidi

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hey you. ya the twisted woman. this is in your neck o the woods

The Warrior's Society is hosting the 6th annual Pow Wow races. This year there will be two seperate races: one "easier" race and one with a "little more" difficulty. The races will be held on March 9th, in the Santa Ana Mountains in Orange County, CA.
The easier of the two races is the Counting Coup. It consists of climbing 8,000ft and riding just over 40 miles. It will take the average racer approximately 7 hours just to finish. It has a rating of 8 out of 10. It is suggested that you be an advanced rider to even finish this race.
The more difficult race is the Vision Quest. It consists of climbing 11,500ft and riding 9-10 hours (the pro's finish in about 6 hours!) It has a rating of 10 out of 10. It is suggested that you be an advanced/expert rider to finish this race.
The website for the events is http://www/warriorsociety.org
You can get a detailed description of the course and the costs from the website.
There is a huge raffle after the events and it's a great time to boot!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yah, I've seen this a few times. I've actually ridden the route the race takes on my own. I don't think I'll do this race though, too close to Sea Otter. It's for a good cause though.

Thanks for keeping me up to date!!!:thumb: :thumb: