Quantcast

This Saturday 9.29- Capitol Forest Poker Run/XC race

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
This is it, the final Capitol Forest event for 2007.

Saturday will be the Poker Run Finale / XC race. We are hosting two loops, 8 and 18 miles with an open timed competive class and ride-for-fun poker stations as well.

Bring the family (but NOT THE DOGS) and send off the summer season with the best trail ride in the region and double cheese burgers by Jackson!!!

http://www.capitolforest.com/racesFOCF07.html

As usual all proceeds benefit Capitol Forest and the trails have been buffed and bermed by Friends of Capitol Forest. Oh ya, thanks to Joy Ride Bikes in Lacey we are also giving away a $3000 Diamond Back Mission 3 and lots of other prizes! Turn off the Halo 3 and head to Capitol Forest this Saturday. :thumb:

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
The riding in Capitol Forest is terrible. Trail conditions always suck and there's not enough variety. I encourage everyone to stay away from that place and stick to riding spots like Tiger Mountain.;)

I do have to say that the FOCF crew does know how to put on a good quality event.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
The riding in Capitol Forest is terrible. Trail conditions always suck and there's not enough variety. I encourage everyone to stay away from that place and stick to riding spots like Tiger Mountain.;)

I do have to say that the FOCF crew does know how to put on a good quality event.
Yea, what I meant by the best they can be is only 3" of clay mud reather than the usual 6" You'd be better off going to tiger for sure. Dont forget to leave lots of valuables in your car as well......

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
Thats an awesome picture!

I can't lie, I love everything about Capitol Forest, including the gnarly winter conditions. If you know what trails to ride the conditions are almost always good.

Congratulations to Noah on winning the new Diamondback Mission 3 in the raffle. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving guy.

This series was so much fun. I really hope everyone who participated had as good a time as I did. Grassroots till the end!