Quantcast

This sucks!!!!!!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I love florida MTB riding! Seriously, what other state has 3 or 4 on the legit FR parks? Sucks about that frame though, but at least it's warm out!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
SuspectDevice said:
I love florida MTB riding! Seriously, what other state has 3 or 4 on the legit FR parks? Sucks about that frame though, but at least it's warm out!
what ??

Palilla

Monkey
Jul 20, 2004
They obviously built the landing, why not make it steeper? Looks way to flat for a drop like that, especially if you plan on doing it on a SX or similar.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Palilla said:
They obviously built the landing, why not make it steeper? Looks way to flat for a drop like that, especially if you plan on doing it on a SX or similar.

Tranny steepness would have been sufficient with the correct bike.

I hope he is not going to try and warranty the frame.

Kanter said:
Tranny steepness would have been sufficient with the correct bike.

I hope he is not going to try and warranty the frame.
Sure, why not. I mean he was jsut riding his bike.:rolleyes: :dead:

"And heck Mr. Specialized, I'm in florida, there's no mountians out here. You mean your bikes can't take riding around in a sandbox without breaking?":p

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I would want a steeper landing.

That's like the opposite of seeing people ride DH bikes on fireroads.

At least now we know that is not the "one bike." :p

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Why the hell did they rebuild the landing?

I was there over christmas and it was fine where it was.

It would be nice if they took that damn chain off of the takeoff too.

Hope that fellers okay. Looks like his nuts are pretty upset at him overshooting on a bike you can't overshoot on.

That place was a blast though. Wish that was there when I was at UF. I rode xc out there a lot.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Internal14 said:
Sure, why not. I mean he was jsut riding his bike.:rolleyes: :dead:

"And heck Mr. Specialized, I'm in florida, there's no mountians out here. You mean your bikes can't take riding around in a sandbox without breaking?":p

You better hope a Specialized employee doesnt see these pics then. It always a good idea to post pics like this AFTER warranty is taken care of. :)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
for as much work as those guys put into that lander, they had an incredibly small "sweet spot" to land on.
i'd have built the lander up higher with the pitch increasing with the same radius they had going. that way the guy wouldn't have had to launch as hard as it looks like he did to clear the flat top.

but that's just me.

some of that group have made the trip north to ride with us here.
good group of guys. and by the looks of that quarry drop, ballzy too.