Quantcast

This Thread is Worthless Without Pics

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Brian HCM#1 said:
Heidi, what did they end up doing, meniscus?
They shaved down some blown out cartilage that was flapping around underneath the lower left side of my kneecap. It wasn't detectable in the MRI but with the scope I sure could see it. It was pretty cool to get to watch - at least I knew for sure they were doing something! :D

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Brian HCM#1 said:
Whats the recovery time?
He said since he did so much, I can't start riding for 6 weeks. I was in such good shape going into it, that I should get muscle tone back pretty quickly.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Heidi said:
He said since he did so much, I can't start riding for 6 weeks. I was in such good shape going into it, that I should get muscle tone back pretty quickly.
Thats cool. It's amazing how quickly your leg can deflate after surgery, isn't it.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats cool. It's amazing how quickly your leg can deflate after surgery, isn't it.
Yah, I'll start some underwater therapy as soon as the bullet holes heal. :)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Heidi said:
man at least it wasnt that rip your whole knee open and talk a looksee to find out what's going on. those are small holes.
good luck and quick recovery!
t

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
I think i see the problem. You have an excess of yellow splotchy spots on your left leg. You might want to check it out.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
splat said:
How is it feeling ? it the Pain getting Less ?
The actual knee isn't wasn't really painful, it was the draining into my calf and the swelling of my lower leg that is painful. I had to take a percocet on about 5 different occassions just because of that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Heidi said:
The actual knee isn't wasn't really painful, it was the draining into my calf and the swelling of my lower leg that is painful. I had to take a percocet on about 5 different occassions just because of that.
Has that gone away, you sounded concerned about blood clots earlier?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Westy said:
Has that gone away, you sounded concerned about blood clots earlier?
They did an ultrasound just to make sure there were no clots. The pain from that has gone down a bit, it just happens everytime I stand up now.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Dude, did you get ahold of a Peppers family album? Is that little B in yer avatar?

:D
I was an indirect search for Mr. Peppers via Google > snopes > some website about deformities > example pics of f*cked up kids.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
I had ACL reconstruction on the left knee, and was back riding moto in 2 months,............wasn't supposed to be, but being dumb & 22, I got away with it

I feel your pain though,..........heal quick

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
Welcome to the club! I had a bucket handle tear in my meniscus back in 99. Bend the knee too much and it would lock. It would take days to straighten out. I walked on it for 3 mos. (bent). Much physical therapy was in order- I had no symmetry what so ever, mainly the result of hobbling around. Spent plenty of time and $$$$ in physical therapy. The 3 years ago I screwed it up again, and its still screwed to this day. Maybe Ill get a decent job, after I get out of school, with medical and have the incentive to do something about it.