Quantcast

This truly is the age of the ineffective management tools.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Well he did reply back to my request and said that he would "check a couple things".

It is still up in the air I guess, but I am certainly not getting my hopes up.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Well that really sucks! The fellow monkeys are right about corporations moving to this type of testing format. I also lost out to an IT job in Kalamazoo MI due to the results of a 1-hour personality test, and then a 2-hour tech test. I did really well on the tech test but supposedly didn't give the answers they were looking for on the personality test, and for some reason that one took precedence over the technology portion :think: . Any company that cares more about your personality than whether you are capable of doing your job – well – they can just kiss my ass. I worked for that company for 7 years in VA, and they were looking for someone to relocate to MI to open a new business location. The only reason I would have went to MI anyway would have been for the experience of implementing a network start up from the ground up. I could have gave a sh!t less about MI - no real MTB'ing in MI anyway. Thank God, I have since left that company - not on my on accord, but left nonetheless. If you don't get the job - shake it off and move on - there are plenty of IT jobs out there. :)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Tenchiro said:
Well he did reply back to my request and said that he would "check a couple things".

Good on you for taking a mature, professional approach to this...not taking it lying down, but not getting hysterical or accusatory.

When/if you leave for greener pastures, I'd send them another polite letter telling them why. They'll probably want you back ("Here's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him!")

, and if they don't, good riddance...

MD

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MikeD said:
Good on you for taking a mature, professional approach to this...not taking it lying down, but not getting hysterical or accusatory.

When/if you leave for greener pastures, I'd send them another polite letter telling them why. They'll probably want you back ("Here's a straight shooter with upper management written all over him!")

, and if they don't, good riddance...

MD
:redX: :redX: :redX:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
SkaredShtles said:
:redX: :redX: :redX:
's funny, because I can see the pic in your quote. You have a firewall or something?

It's just the Bobs from Office Space.

J

JRB

MikeD said:
's funny, because I can see the pic in your quote. You have a firewall or something?

It's image blocked. Cached on your machine, holmes.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
MikeD said:

It is cached on your computer, I just see a Tripod redirect image.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Tenchiro said:
It is cached on your computer, I just see a Tripod redirect image.
Ah. Which meant nothing to me until you explained it...hence why I don't work in IT.

MD

J

JRB

Westy said:
I can see it. Did MikeD hack into my computer. Damn nosy government types.
Yes - that is why I hate him, instead of MMike. :think:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Tenchiro said:

I found out today that "check a couple things" means you leave your job without doing a god damned thing...

And by now they have hired a couple of people off the street, even though I will still be needed here indefinately...

.!. :mad: .!. @ Swedish Health Services