Quantcast

This weekend is gonna SUCK A$$!!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Ok well after spending a week in NC and WV I knew there would be some post riding depression. However I had a full weekend slated. Between riding, trail maintenance, Gator Football then the FSU vs UM Football game Monday night the weekend wasn't looking too bad.

Then

It may not hit my area directly, but none the less I have already done some grocery shopping, gonna have to board up my house (not that I have a full set of shutters) then go to my sister's and parent's house to do the same. Oh that doesn't even account for having to button down the hatches at work.
:mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Hopefully all that work will turn out to be not necessary. Looks like this is gonna be a bad one. I heard the eye of this hurricane is like 25 miles in diameter, where the average ones are only 4-5.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
maybe ill get some pics sent to ya that you can enjoy throughout the weekend.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
maybe ill get some pics sent to ya that you can enjoy throughout the weekend.

Well if we get to the point where we dont lose power (for that long) it will be ok. I am gonna email ya my home account as well.

J

JRB

My brother thought it was a good idea to move to Miami. He talks about the weather, blah, blah, blah. I should call him. My ride was around 75-80 degrees at 6:30 last night. Little to no humidity. SS would be hatin' I got it so good. :D

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
bigginsis said:
ummm hey Rob...Gators suck. LSU rocks.
Normally I would entertain this conversation, but..........

Couple more hours at work, then home to trim some trees, board up mine, my sisters and my folks houses and hold on.
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco-gringo said:
My brother thought it was a good idea to move to Miami. He talks about the weather, blah, blah, blah. I should call him. My ride was around 75-80 degrees at 6:30 last night. Little to no humidity. SS would be hatin' I got it so good. :D
Yeah. I would like to see what you consider "little to no humidity".......... :D Weather here was in the mid-80's and bone dry. Of course, I didn't get out to ride...... :mumble:

-S.S.-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhm....yeah, its gonna be a little while before i get the pics to ya. had to give the disc to a friend of mine so he can combine the pics onto one disc along with the ones erin took. so......uh good luck with the storm. you oculd just leave now and drive up here and hange out a few days.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yikes, looks nasty.
this is my parents first full week of living in south florida. looks like a nice welcome.
i hope yall dont get hit too hard.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. I would like to see what you consider "little to no humidity".......... :D Weather here was in the mid-80's and bone dry. Of course, I didn't get out to ride...... :mumble:

-S.S.-
Maybe 10%. It was super (note-not using uber) nice for a ride. Tonight will be nice, but I am riding road and it is windy right now.

zibbler

Monkey
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Normally I would entertain this conversation, but..........

Couple more hours at work, then home to trim some trees, board up mine, my sisters and my folks houses and hold on.
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
Hey Rob,

Tell you boss to take a hike. You need to get your family secured. I hope you have shutters or wood already, cuz you won't get any if you wait too long. My husband stood in line 4 hours at Home Depot starting at 7:00 am. They are only letting people get 5 sheets of wood at a time, so he came back after getting our 5 sheets, picked up our oldest daughter, and took her back to Home Depot to stand in line for some more wood while he went and boarded my mom' place up. We still haven't started boarding up here yet. We have been ordered to evacuate, so we need to get finished tonight.

BillT

Monkey
I live up in Orlando and we're still cleaning up from Charley! We just got our cable back last Sunday and our power back the Friday before. At least it looks like the storm is weakening, but since it is moving so slow, it is going to dump a huge amount of rain. My wife and I are pretty much set for the weekend and we're keeping our fingers crossed that isn't as bad as it could be.

I imagine that all the trails up here - TOE, Carter Road, Alafia, Santos, and Razorback - are going to take a major beating.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Woo hoo... Made it relatively unscathed. I hope everyone else did as well.

The biggest problem was fighting the boredom.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Rob,

How is it down there? I am in CT and have been watching the storm on the news. From what I have been able to gather our area is doing relatively okay. I take it you have power. DeMo has been without power since Saturday morning.

BTW, have you been having problems with FRS? It appears the site is down :mad: :dead:

BillT

Monkey
Where I live in Orlando came through pretty much unharmed. We never lost power and just got our cable back about 2 hours ago. For Charley, we were out of power for a week and cable for 2 weeks. I wonder how the trails fared.