Quantcast

This weekend's G3 Series #2 - Sol Vista

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Anyone have any results? Comments about the course and and how the overall event went?

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Only the best race I have ever attended!!! Amazing atmosphere, big time riders and a 10,000 purse! Oh yeah, the race courses are top notch thanks to expert trail builders, Steve Wentz, TJ Sharp, and Mike Moga!

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Hmmm...those 9+ min results tell me those are the SuperD results? Are there no results for the two DH races?

Also, anyone catch a glimpse of Kovarik? Was he really ridiculously fast or are all the dh vids sped up....:rolleyes:
Those are NOT Super D they are the combined times from all three races. I'm sure individual results will be up on the G3 website later this week.

Kovarik was stupid fast, but those videos are still sped up.

mtbchik

Chimp
May 2, 2007
The 9+ minute time is the combined time for all three stages. The individual stage results are also posted here:

Run 1

Run 2

Run 3

Kovarik was crazy fast - you shoulda seen him outta the gate - but flatted on the 3rd run. The overall between Olsen and Leonard was only .07! (Dang! Love that stuff!) Thanks to the folks at Sol Vista, we were able to hardwire the start and had photocells ("lasers") at the start and finish, so the times were totally legit!

Great to see everyone again! Thanks for letting us come out and play and we'll see you at Keystone!

CJ

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also, anyone catch a glimpse of Kovarik? Was he really ridiculously fast or are all the dh vids sped up....:rolleyes:
Someone was doing some "unofficial split timing" and said he was 5 seconds faster than anyone else about one minute in to a 2 minute track. Darner told me he's never seen anyone corner that fast... makes me wish I would have hiked up and watched some of the pinners.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Damn that's awesome! Wish I was there...I love the Sol tracks and can just imagine the grins on racers faces after coming down...

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Only the best race I have ever attended!!! Amazing atmosphere, big time riders and a 10,000 purse! Oh yeah, the race courses are top notch thanks to expert trail builders, Steve Wentz, TJ Sharp, and Mike Moga!
Any idea on how the spread of the $10k broke down?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Any idea on how the spread of the $10k broke down?
Four classes were paid out:

Jedi Master (Open 35+ or Vet Pro or whatever you want to call it.)
Semi-Pro Men
Pro Women
Pro Men

Places paid out 5 deep, top Pro Men got $1500 and that was the largest take, everything else kind of trickled down from there. I'm not sure what the top Pro Woman got but I think there was a comma in the number.

EDIT: Save the US Open at Diablo, I think the G3 series has the highest payout of any gravity event in the U.S... sweet!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
The best part of the whole event was everyone was paid out with giant checks. Ever seen Happy Gilmore, yeah, kinda like that! I'm stoked, looking forward to winning one of them checks soon!