Quantcast

This weekends WR ride pics

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
For those who didn't make it this past weekend, here's a little photo recap. Sat. was pretty sloppy and Sunday was about perfect. Awesome turnout on Sunday.:thumb:

Joey performing bike inspection -- word is this guy barely passed.

Shuttlin' Uhaul style.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Hey Ziska,

Is your buddy (the guy with the video camera) going to put anything together? I am looking for a certain clip of my run through Southern Rocks with Terry and Joey.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Obviously I'm interested in this thread since we'll be coming down from the northeast, but those are some good pics, regardless.

Uhaul is a hilarious idea. How much does that set you guys back?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm not sure how much it cost for the truck and trailer.
but i do know you'll need about 30 people to make it cost effective.

we have another solution for large crowds now.
we just need a couple of weeks notice to get it co-ordinated. and it will cost about $15 per person per day.
in addition to the land use permit of,
$15 per day,
$40 for a three day weekend,
$80 per year.(by far the best bargain if you plan on riding here more than once.and you will.)

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
We're trying to get a group of 4-6 of us together. One of the current "90% in" people is the guy with the pickup truck capable of moving us up the hill, so that should handle our small group unless we can't get him in with us, then we'll have to figure something else out.

If you guys have something going down the weekend of May 5-7 then hit me up with a PM if you're willing to deal with us. ;)

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
As joey (dhbuilder) said, there is a local that is planning on running shuttles for $2/ride or a flat fee for the day. JohnM (on ridemonkey) set up the uhaul. We have used that method a couple of times over the past few trips when we had too big of a crew for our pickup trucks. Now that this local is running a shuttle, we will have to reconsider the uhaul idea. It would be easier to just show up and hand someone a shuttle fee and get on the truck.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
devin was a huge help this weekend.
his badass chevy truck and trailer was shuttling its butt off all day sunday. thanks again.

i'm sure his rates will climb and fall as gas prices do the same.
regardless of what he charges, it's great for all of us to ride up togther. and the bikes are very secure and don't bang each other up.
(the trail reserves the right for that pleasure.)

and also a great big THANK YOU to all who brought out food donations for the mission of hope food drive. this is a constant deal, and you can always donate canned goods, toiletries, dry goods etc... all year long at the permit shed.
tonya was blown away by the amount of food we donated this weekend.

we have it real good up here, and this is just a small way to payback the a.t.v. club for all that we've been given.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
:eviltongu :banghead: :nuts: :ouch: :mad: :mumble: :help:
DAMN IT!! DAMN IT!! DAMN IT!!
I just hate that I missed this weekend, I'm looking around mid-summer for my next trip to "the Rock".

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
mark.

you got big trouble pal.
i saw you had a picture of "T" in the freeride trail.
so i showed him these photos over at the zoo today.
his was gone, then saw you edited it.

you got big trouble pal.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
dhbuilder said:
mark.

you got big trouble pal.
i saw you had a picture of "T" in the freeride trail.
so i showed him these photos over at the zoo today.
his was gone, then saw you edited it.

you got big trouble pal.
Oops. You noticed that did ya? Yea I took a few off so that I could resize them. They came out way too big. As soon as I get that problem taken care of they'll be back. Terry even added a little style on that jump for me so I guess I owe him the shot. He "qualified" this week.:)

Knoxvillain

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
Hey Joey, if you see Devin let him know I will get him for the shuttle runs he took me on. I busted out pretty quick after I jacked up my ankle. I should be good to go in about two weeks. I tore something in my ankle but it shouldn't take me to long to heal.