Quantcast

*Thoisday GMT*

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends! lolol xoxo

I dragged my lazy ass to the pool early this morning for a masters group workout. Nobody else showed, so that means I got a one hour private lesson with the coach. Not a long swim (1600 yards) but lots of instruction, which I need. Slowly but surely, I am getting better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Subpar wing dings, my good sir.

Today I drive to scenic Frederick, CO to buy an extended warranty* for the wife's RAV4 EV. Heater alone costs $4k in this vehicle (and as a Tesla part is known to fail) so this ~$800 investment (edit: $734 on the dot as apparently these things don't get sales tax applied) is likely well worth it.

* Toyota Platinum Vehicle Service Plan, only available for vehicles still under factory bumper to bumper warranty. No janky third party plans here.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! Yesterday it was freakishly warm at nearly 50 and quite windy. The snow pack on the streets is pretty much gone, it rained last night too. My plans today are predictable...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
New wheels will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I can drag myself out on the bike tonight. Wind has finally died down so it not so brutal.

Subpar wing dings, my good sir.

Today I drive to scenic Frederick, CO to buy an extended warranty* for the wife's RAV4 EV. Heater alone costs $4k in this vehicle (and as a Tesla part is known to fail) so this ~$800 investment is likely well worth it.

* Toyota Platinum Vehicle Service Plan, only available for vehicles still under factory bumper to bumper warranty. No janky third party plans here.
Nothing that I do is subpar, troop!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Slept really well again for the second night in a row. I predict little to no sleep tonight as these are things that do not come in threes.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yo.
Well, I did NOT win a billion dollars yesterday so it's off to work I go. :mad:
My wife's parents do live in Chino Hills though, literally a block from that 7-Eleven. We drive by it every time on the way to their house.

/Coolstorybro.

Still at work today either way.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. LONG bike club meeting last night. I feel like we could do a lot of the items via email and think I will suggest that for future meetings. Helped one of my students buy a very nice wooden upper intermediate level clarinet last night too (Buffet for you music buffs). She was here bright and early this morning to play it and is in love. I am proud to have helped her on this journey. Next project....help 4th graders (including daughter) learn "Two Worlds" from Tarzan for their drama production at the end of the month. It never ends for me I tell you. One day I will learn to say "no" but until then, I am a busy mama monkey.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:rant: wtf is wrong with people?

Humans are unique as we have developed significantly larger brains than other mammals. This is a risky proposition as brains actually require significant calories to run. From an evolutionary standpoint this has been rather successful. Another evolutionary development has been that humans form communities and many individuals can benefit from the thoughts/ideas/actions from a few. This along with an unequal and large standard deviation in mental ability should answer your question. It also shows humans are naturally communists.

Human intellect has been shown to follow the standard Gaussian distribution.

The top minds in the +2 and +3 Sigma regions are significantly smarter than everyone else, they will generally see everyone else as idiots.

Those in the middle of the distribution are reasonably bright and will see those in the -2 and -3 sigma as idiots as well as under performers in the middle section. At the same time they may not really understand what the brightest minds in the +2 and +3 regions and see some of those people also as idiots.

The people in the -2 and -3 areas are idiots and generally not smart enough to realize it. They assume everyone else other than the drunk sunburned moron next to them are idiots.

In conclusion, no matter how smart you are, you will be surrounded by idiots.

Last edited:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Hello, friends! lolol xoxo

I dragged my lazy ass to the pool early this morning for a masters group workout. Nobody else showed, so that means I got a one hour private lesson with the coach. Not a long swim (1600 yards) but lots of instruction, which I need. Slowly but surely, I am getting better.
Holy Crap! Our Masters has like 40 people every morning!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The snowcast for the next few days looks marvelous! You know where I'll be for the next 4 days. Woot woot! I swam last night and surprisingly, my neck wasn't too bad this morning. I went to PT this morning and he fixed some stuff up. I didn't win Powerball. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Holy Crap! Our Masters has like 40 people every morning!
I swim at a hoity toity private high school that is expensive to join. There are several cheaper options nearby where most people I know go. This one is closest to my house though and the pool chemicals don't give me asthma attacks. And I don't mind paying extra to know I'll have my own lane every time.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I swim at a hoity toity private high school that is expensive to join. There are several cheaper options nearby where most people I know go. This one is closest to my house though and the pool chemicals don't give me asthma attacks. And I don't mind paying extra to know I'll have my own lane every time.

Oooh la la

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
:rant: wtf is wrong with people?
Things. And Stuff. That's what.

Speaking of humanity, I find myself in the place that exhibits it at its epoch, the DMV. :twitch:
And I was on the phone today with the other entity—the IRS.

Buying a house is stressful.
  1. Lender wants to know why loss from a side business (the Race Car™) wasn't reported on my 2013 return. I write a letter explaining I probably forgot to give the K-1 to my tax guy, they seem okay with that explanation.
  2. Lender tells me they want the 2013 return amended. They tell me this 3 days before the loan objection deadline.
  3. Can't get ahold of my tax guy—he's old and ornery and is notorious for tuning out for days at a time.
  4. Get another tax guy to look at amending the return—his recommendation is to not amend it because tax reasons. Okay fine, Lender seems to be okay with this as long as there's a letter explaining what we're doing and why. Done. Whew.
  5. Personal returns for 2014 were filed late, lender has requested transcripts (i.e. proof I filed) multiple times with no success. Uh oh.
  6. Also notice that my tax guy (the old fart) didn't put the correct bank account number on my 2014 filing for direct deposit—he fat fingered one digit. Eff.
  7. Go to the bank, find out the account number he entered doesn't exist. Whew... at least some other shmuck doesn't have my money.
  8. I call IRS, work through all their BS security to figure out A.) how to fix the incorrect number on the return and B.) where the EFF my transcripts are.
  9. IRS informs me they don't have anything on record for 2014 for me, other than my extension from this spring.
  10. Desperately calling tuned-out tax guy to get him to confirm e-filing returns.
Waiting now. Stressed. Blarrrrgh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sucks to your ass-mar!