Quantcast

*Thoisday GMT*

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
AIG is getting rid of voicemail for most employees. So my phone will ring but I'll need to buy an answering machine if I want to receive messages. If it rings too many times, a robot will tell the caller I'm unavailable but won't take a message nor give out my email address as an alternative.

#becauseFVKYOUthatswhy

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
AIG is getting rid of voicemail for most employees. So my phone will ring but I'll need to buy an answering machine if I want to receive messages. If it rings too many times, a robot will tell the caller I'm unavailable but won't take a message nor give out my email address as an alternative.

#becauseFVKYOUthatswhy
Well...that's one way to save money. :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Unless you are at the very top of the chart and unbound at the upper limit.
Otherwise, yes, the genius above you is the next guy's idiot.
Then there is of course the Dunning-Kruger effect where smart people question themselves but dummies are confident as fuck.

Edit: Somewhat sniped by SS with video content.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Things. And Stuff. That's what.

And I was on the phone today with the other entity—the IRS.

Buying a house is stressful.
  1. Lender wants to know why loss from a side business (the Race Car™) wasn't reported on my 2013 return. I write a letter explaining I probably forgot to give the K-1 to my tax guy, they seem okay with that explanation.
  2. Lender tells me they want the 2013 return amended. They tell me this 3 days before the loan objection deadline.
  3. Can't get ahold of my tax guy—he's old and ornery and is notorious for tuning out for days at a time.
  4. Get another tax guy to look at amending the return—his recommendation is to not amend it because tax reasons. Okay fine, Lender seems to be okay with this as long as there's a letter explaining what we're doing and why. Done. Whew.
  5. Personal returns for 2014 were filed late, lender has requested transcripts (i.e. proof I filed) multiple times with no success. Uh oh.
  6. Also notice that my tax guy (the old fart) didn't put the correct bank account number on my 2014 filing for direct deposit—he fat fingered one digit. Eff.
  7. Go to the bank, find out the account number he entered doesn't exist. Whew... at least some other shmuck doesn't have my money.
  8. I call IRS, work through all their BS security to figure out A.) how to fix the incorrect number on the return and B.) where the EFF my transcripts are.
  9. IRS informs me they don't have anything on record for 2014 for me, other than my extension from this spring.
  10. Desperately calling tuned-out tax guy to get him to confirm e-filing returns.
Waiting now. Stressed. Blarrrrgh.
You need my tax guy. Remind me when I'm back from Whistler and I'll send you info.

On that's note, currently sitting at SEA-TAC waiting for my flight to Vancouver, then it's off to Whistler through Monday. Later, bitches.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You need my tax guy. Remind me when I'm back from Whistler and I'll send you info.

On that's note, currently sitting at SEA-TAC waiting for my flight to Vancouver, then it's off to Whistler through Monday. Later, bitches.
you pass dat stone? name change to "stoneless"?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Side note, SO MANY Chinese people on my flight to Vancouver. Like, over half the flight. I knew there was a Chinese population boom (or invasion, whichever you prefer ), but I wasn't expecting this kind of density.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Side note, SO MANY Chinese people on my flight to Vancouver. Like, over half the flight. I knew there was a Chinese population boom (or invasion, whichever you prefer ), but I wasn't expecting this kind of density.
Canada should build a wall

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you trying to give him moar stones?

had to go home to change for an opening. of course dog ran away as i was about to leave. i hate the social aspect of my jorb anyway, i hate being late too. fts. at least there'll be SCOTCH.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Didn't leave work until almost 7 tonight. And I wasn't even the last one in the office....

Bong shed and Thai food time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
$680 bucks to register the new car. :dead:
Our 2006 Honda Accord and 2007 Subaru cost less $150 each per year since they are so old. Back in the 90s I used to get a new car every 2 years and paid similar to what you paid. It was the Seattle market and money was growing on trees so you really didn't pay too much attention.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Our 2006 Honda Accord and 2007 Subaru cost less $150 each per year since they are so old. Back in the 90s I used to get a new car every 2 years and paid similar to what you paid. It was the Seattle market and money was growing on trees so you really didn't pay too much attention.
I think we haven't paid more than 200 bucks for all three vehicles in several year. I knew it was going to be bad with a new car, just wasn't expecting it to be that bad.