Quantcast

** Thoisday **

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I don't pretend to have paycheck loyalty. As long as my name is in the to field, I don't care what name is in the From field. But I am certainly not going to do anything illegal/immoral. My sense of smug superior moral and intellectual superiority is also valuable to me.
I'm always amused by the "ethics" training companies put employees through. I mean... JHFC, that shit is pretty obvious. But apparently it's hard for a lot of people.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm always amused by the "ethics" training companies put employees through. I mean... JHFC, that shit is pretty obvious. But apparently it's hard for a lot of people.
Most of our ethics training can be directly tied to some executive abuse of power that they train all the rank and file employees on so we don't do that despite not being able to do that if we wanted.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Most of our ethics training can be directly tied to some executive abuse of power that they train all the rank and file employees on so we don't do that despite not being able to do that if we wanted.
you can definitely tell when there is stuff in training that is a direct result of somebody fucking up

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And he's right - invariably it's some executive that's done the fucking up.

My favorite thing is that we have an ethics complaint system. And the person responsible for investigating said ethics complaints is my Vice President, who is the only person I have reason to file an ethics complaint about.

And that is by design. Retain the power to execute/fix ethics violations at the same level.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My favorite thing is that we have an ethics complaint system. And the person responsible for investigating said ethics complaints is my Vice President, who is the only person I have reason to file an ethics complaint about.

And that is by design. Retain the power to execute/fix ethics violations at the same level.
We have an anonymous ethics line. I don't trust the anonymity of it. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have an anonymous ethics line. I don't trust the anonymity of it. :D

We have "anonymous" surveys. There have been lots of reports of people's managers asking them why they said certain things in the surveys.

I make sure to go out of my way to say outrageous shit that I think would be hilarious if my manager came to talk to me about.

"Why do you think our leadership is just a bunch of feckless robber barons?"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

ah, the ouroboros

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have "anonymous" surveys. There have been lots of reports of people's managers asking them why they said certain things in the surveys.

I make sure to go out of my way to say outrageous shit that I think would be hilarious if my manager came to talk to me about.

"Why do you think our leadership is just a bunch of feckless robber barons?"
i'm at the point i will write whatever I want in our annual survey. i'm practically daring them to fire me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Same. Although I only speak the truth, because I think that conversation with HR would be hilarious to ask them to prove me wrong.
oh yes. one of our new directors is the text book definition of failing upwards. this individual doesn't have the slightest idea at how much people in our org actually talk to one another. things this person believes to be secret or known by only a few are pretty much common knowledge. it'd be laughable if it weren't so sad.