Quantcast

Throwing in the towel

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am so ****ing underpaid.

Good Luck westy. While Illinois is teh suck it is awfully close to Wisconsin, the best state in the nation.
Schaumburg is the suck...there are parts of Illinois that are nice. Many of them way south...where you NEVER talk to the locals.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Having been in a similar situation when the interwebs went bust 10 years ago... you should enjoy the opportunity to do a whole bunch of stuff you normally wouldn't have time for. Your next job will be even better.
I'm kind of happy but a little afraid, but really right now I am sick to my stomach. Feel so bad for some of my coworkers, they have had so little time to think about it they really can't consider all the variables that will affect them.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Dude you should have moved to Schaumburg... They have a PF Chang's, Chevy's, and a Chipotle Mexican Grill there!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good luck Westy and props to you for doing what is the right thing to do. Cool that GE was good about the severance pay and health insurance coverage for you.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just gave my notice. I had to do it through email. It turns out a lot of people our CEO thought would go didn't. He was upset enough that he had to leave the office. Although the CEO claims it was his decision it is no secret that it came from the chairman of the board who micromanages the whole company. CEO guy lost many of the few friends he has in this country and lost the ability to run his company. I'd feel bad for him but he wanted the job.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hang in there Mike...try to think of being unemployed as every day's a saturday! And now you have time to come out for Ol' Pueblo now too...
I'd love to hit Old Pueblo but right now I need to be able to maximize any money I spend on trips. Stay tuned, Ojai should find it's way onto the schedule.