Quantcast

#@%$Thurderpus maximus$%@#

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I swam this morning for the first time in six months. 2200 yards slow as fuck, but not as tiring as I thought it would. I've got two half ironmans coming up. The swims are both downstream so I have felt no sense of urgency in getting my swim training in.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Went for a walk before work. Picked up 2 ticks and counting. They have now been re-homed in my septic tank. EAT SHIT FUCKERS.

Might be time to designate a few outdoor only outfits that are permethrin treated.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Tis the season to be busy af.

Kitten that randomly showed up and has no ass control (shits everywhere) is getting re homed to my parents. Really nice cat, just cant handle the poop thing. Hopefully the $300 of meds help the thing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i wish i had a dashcam so i could have recorded this gaston county cop driving like a dick bag and send the clip to the station.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
A couple hours of trail maintenance done.

Now heading to Adonis for some top of the line Lebanese food. :drool:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah's off to the zoo with school. Water heater estimate yesterday was in the "so I see you checked the avg. household income in DougCo and saw the Audi, then went for it?" Needless to say, more estimates are following.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here. Hannah's off to the zoo with school. Water heater estimate yesterday was in the "so I see you checked the avg. household income in DougCo and saw the Audi, then went for it?" Needless to say, more estimates are following.
Can't you just go to home depot or somewhere and buy a heater? Unless you are getting something :fancy:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

not working today

barely a trace on the snow stake at WP so not skiing either

cargo biked my Baby Aya in. and not much else planned really

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
try this place. got a reasonable quote from them before. (which I didn't do.)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Can't you just go to home depot or somewhere and buy a heater? Unless you are getting something :fancy:
The quote I'm working on right now asked if I'm providing the water heater and add-on's. So this seems more in-line with what I'm looking for.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wife went out to the garage to grab some steaks. She comes in concerned that someone stole her quad. Yes dear, someone backed my bike out, pulled your quad out, put my bike back in and left after closing the garage door. :rofl:

It sounds even less likely when you say it out loud.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I used to think Potter episodes were the best but I’ve gone back to the Blake era. Regardless, Jamie Farr is a gem. The concrete floor episode is fantastic.
the episode where radar gives potter sophie...

frank and margaret and the guy who made potters bust...i fucking cry laughing.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and the Gazebo remodel has commenced.
I just spent 2 hours removing the old rotted wood shake roof. I still have to pull the nails and old tarpaper off. Next is to pull the remaining railings and strip the paint. New roof will be asphalt shingle haven't decided on paint color yet. In place of the railings will be a prep shelf and utility cabinet for BBQing between the 3 back posts. the rest will stay open
It makes for a great place to BBQ when its raining in the winter
20240418_120316.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Day update: lounged, Duolingo, hot tub (in snow eventually!), played a bit of trumpet, swapped out an old-ass Dropcam for a Nest Cam 2nd gen, lifting (one last set left!).

Then dropping off Asimov book donations at library, lunch somewhere, pick up my sweet Baby Aya.

I could totally fill my days up just fine if I didn’t have to work due to our capitalist oppressors eh

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To be fair the wife's says I never told her I was taking it in and to be honest, I may not have. But still a funny scenario.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
and the Gazebo remodel has commenced.
I just spent 2 hours removing the old rotted wood shake roof. I still have to pull the nails and old tarpaper off. Next is to pull the remaining railings and strip the paint. New roof will be asphalt shingle haven't decided on paint color yet. In place of the railings will be a prep shelf and utility cabinet for BBQing between the 3 back posts. the rest will stay open
It makes for a great place to BBQ when its raining in the winter
View attachment 210545
Man picking up all that crap will suck, should have moved the wheelbarrow closer. :busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Second estimate came it - $2200 less. I brought up "what about XYZ?" and the dude just said "No. To get back to what you're used to, we just need to do this..." He offered to try and fix it first, because he's pretty sure he knows what's wrong given my description, but given the age listed out the 'what if' scenarios if something else breaks in the process. Also threw a 10% discount because he's not doing much work right now and wants to start doing jobs. Very candid, which I liked.

One more left.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently it snowed at the zoo today. Hannah wasn't ready for snow. Oops.