Quantcast

~~~ Thursday GMDIT ~~~

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tonight is ride night! Woot! Currently in the process of applying to foster dogs. Let's see how this one works out...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Currently in the process of applying to foster dogs.
i couldn't be a foster....

it's hard give up a dog.

i cried like a b!tch when my brother and i had to find a home for our coonhound when we moved to colorado the first time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i couldn't be a foster....

it's hard give up a dog.

i cried like a b!tch when my brother and i had to find a home for our coonhound when we moved to colorado the first time.
I know what you mean. As is I'm thinking it'll give me a good chance to test drive having a second before committing. But I guess I weigh the thought of the dogs being put down or a little emotional toll on myself. It's tough either way.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got my swim in this morning using the instruction from my coach. Much more efficient. Counting strokes per 50 yards I dropped from 19 down to 15, and it was much less frantic. A bit winding, but I will get used to the change in breathing cadence. Dropped a few seconds off my 500 yard and that includes taking more breaks to breath.

40 minute run this evening. Shooting for 4.25 miles, which is a 9:25 per mile pace.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got my swim in this morning using the instruction from my coach. Much more efficient. Counting strokes per 50 yards I dropped from 19 down to 15, and it was much less frantic. A bit winding, but I will get used to the change in breathing cadence. Dropped a few seconds off my 500 yard and that includes taking more breaks to breath.

40 minute run this evening. Shooting for 4.25 miles, which is a 9:25 per mile pace.
i remember i was goofing around at swim practice in HS once and my coach got pissed. as punishment, he made me swim the 500 in the next meet.

are you counting your strokes per breath too?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i remember i was goofing around at swim practice in HS once and my coach got pissed. as punishment, he made me swim the 500 in the next meet.

are you counting your strokes per breath too?
Yep. 3 per breath. I started as an open water swimmer (surfing and lakes), so every and every other are very foreign to me.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
shoot for a breath every 5 to 6 strokes.

i used to be able to swim the 100 free without breathing at all.
Yeah, working on the whole breathing thing. Hypoxia is not my friend. Plus, I'm in base building right now. Working off ~70% heart rate while I build my fitness.

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Morning! Three day weekend ahead. Need to get the old DH bike ready to ride for tomorrow. No where spectacular, just the local hill (7 springs).

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Awesome ride last night followed by dinner with the lady. Today is my Friday. 80 and sunny all day tomorrow, friend and I are going to play 18 in the morning then ride the rest of the day. I like it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yeah, working on the whole breathing thing. Hypoxia is not my friend. Plus, I'm in base building right now. Working off ~70% heart rate while I build my fitness.
Make sure you can breathe from each side. Nothing like watching other Tri geeks flounder on the swim because they could only breathe on the side that the wind chop was coming from. I got really good at bilateral breathing and keeping a good arm turnover. 20 min swim miles were my friend.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Academic morning off but I'm just watching the baby. I really needed a break from work--getting burnt out right at the end.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Make sure you can breathe from each side. Nothing like watching other Tri geeks flounder on the swim because they could only breathe on the side that the wind chop was coming from. I got really good at bilateral breathing and keeping a good arm turnover. 20 min swim miles were my friend.
Like I said earlier, I'm an open water swimmer. I can breathe both ways.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Craziness in the office continues, but a radical resolution might be coming soon. I had a tuff ride last night, total exhaustion at the end. Forgetting to refill a camelback in almost 90F / near 100% humidity before a ride sucks. I gotta take it easy today.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
last night we packed up for a weekend camping trip. set up the new tent and air mattress in my living room. loaded up all the flashlights with batteries. already tried out the zip-together sleeping bags. tonight we test the camp stove. boom!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haha, I wrecked my dodge ram in White Oak. After that I switched from trucks to subarus. You live on the wrong end of the state now-a-days, huh?
eh. i like both cities the same. job market for what i do is basically non-existent in pittsburgh.

still a stillers fan tho.