Quantcast

~~ Thursday GMT - four day weekend ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yeah, that's right. Wife and I decided to take Friday and Monday off. Four day weekend! :weee: I predict there will be a lot pedaling...maybe even some MTB! :eek:

I went for a solo road ride after work yesterday. 23 miles at an 18.3 average. I was really hoping to average 19, but eight miles with a headwind had something to say about that. I'm loving the new road bike.

So how are you monkeys doing today? Everyone have coffee? I see Quo Fan is online but obviously he has no intention of starting the GMT, so I felt I needed to step in.

You all behave now.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
waiting for my new part to get in for my bike so i can ditch the pos rock shox monarch and replace it with a hopefully good rock shoxs vivid air. other then that coffee now and work till 5 tonight so in other words i will be lurking all day.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I just finished my Chobani Mango yogurt (mmmm....love all of their flavors) and am having more coffee while watching the tour. It's going to be a super hot one but I think I am going to try and hit up a fast MTB ride later with the boys, but we'll see.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I was holding a beer bottle in my teeth last night and snapped off the tooth bondo on my front tooth from when I chipped it when I was about 8 years old. Now I look like Lloyd Christmas. FML.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Per JONKRANKED'S recommendation, I tried the Chobani mango yogurt. It is good, but I still feel the Chobani pineapple yogurt is superior.
Morning. I just finished my Chobani Mango yogurt (mmmm....love all of their flavors) and am having more coffee while watching the tour. It's going to be a super hot one but I think I am going to try and hit up a fast MTB ride later with the boys, but we'll see.
treesaw knows what's up. I'm more in the habit of getting the big chobani container and adding my own fresh fruit. Blueberrys and strawberrys are good. I wanna try adding a kiwi to the yogurt soon.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mandown would approve of that.

I'm literally going to use the file on my Leatherman and take the sharp edge off the break and call it a day.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
haha sucks about the tooth.

Morning all.

Coffee is a necessity this morning. Slept like crap and got to bed late because my sister in law and her fiancé are staying with us for a couple nights.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bro-in-law got into town wicked early, dude has put on some serious miles. Seems he planned his cross-country trip for 35 days, and he's a few days early, so he is hanging out and relaxing.

So far he has averaged about 800 miles a day, but he rides for 2 days, then chills for 2-3. Not a bad gig. He's only run out of gas 3 times and only got rained on twice.

I'll get to cruise it to bike night tonight. Still not keen on the jockey shift idea, but I guess we'll see. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
at least it isn't a peanut tank.
In Idaho he hit 40+mph head winds and his MPG went from 40 to about 20. Kinda tough to gauge sometimes. He has an oil can full of gas in his tool bag. So far it's gotten him to the next station each time, so he hasn't had to walk.

I'll get some pics once it's cleaned up and unloaded tonight. Maybe get a shot of me crashing into a parked car trying not to put my left foot down.

<edit> I'll take the taint pad off, too. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Once more a mellow day for me. Riding this afternoon with a few buddies and... that's it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's purple, but thanks for noticing.
Don't let him get to you. At least you have a job to wear a purple shirt to :D

I've got a number of pink and purple dress shirts too. I overlook the color when considering the fact that Liz buys my dress shirts for me, which means I don't have to go dress clothes shopping (which I hate).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I've got a number of pink and purple dress shirts too. I overlook the color when considering the fact that Liz buys my dress shirts for me, which means I don't have to go dress clothes shopping (which I hate).
Purple is too much for me. I have pink, but it's an emergency backup shirt when nothing else is clean. Wifey got my shirts and came back with that one, not sure why though. I have a belief that dress shirts can be blue, white or any combination of the two.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

I am not ashamed/embarrased to admit this....but my mom bought me this shirt. Like you, I despise shopping so any time clothing makes it's way to my closet with zero effort is a win, regardless of color.

FWIW, it's actually not solid purple....it's purple and white stripes. The stripes are very fine so it looks solid purple from far. Either way the ladies at the office complimented me on it.