Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Running a little late in posting this......crazy morning here at work.

Justine and I had dinner in celebration of our anniversary.......picked Colin up afterwards at the in-laws, got home and put him bed in anticipation of some hip-sprints..............but we both fell asleep on the couch. Life and babies will do that to ya.

Anyways, y'all have a great day, and I'll check ya out later!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning all. Crappy morning, literally, but that's what I get for eating a Roy Rogers double cheeseburger right before I crashed last night.

Heading back to PA this evening, off to finish up the week at Scout camp with my kid, get away from the flaming stupidity of this job.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello! This is the first morning this week that I'm not dragging. It rained like a mofo yesterday after work, so I decided to ride the spin bike for 40 minutes. I had the tension cranked way up so I could work on my climbing.

Today looks to be uneventful. Looking forward to the weekend, especially the Saturday ride.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have an appointment to get my wisdom teeth taken out in an hour. The thing I'm most concerned about is being able to ride over the weekend. :twitch:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

WNR last night was not so good. Got too overheated, nausea- dizzy, etc. Still stuck it out and finished, just not very quickly. Feel like I have a hang over today. Usually happens about once a summer. Glad I have that out of the way.

Group is talking about hitting the Flagstaff trails on Sunday, hope that comes together.

Have a good day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning!!!

Justine and I had dinner in celebration of our anniversary.......picked Colin up afterwards at the in-laws, got home and put him bed in anticipation of some hip-sprints..............but we both fell asleep on the couch. Life and babies will do that to ya.
To funny!!!

When they do happen the hips sprints do see to be more enjoyable than pre-baby times... is that possible?

Last day of night class (Drawing 101) for me tonight and yesterday was my last day of "Walking for Wellness" my college has mandated that each student take 2 gym and one health class.

I really enjoyed the PE class because I get out of work to exercise and the teacher really pushed the class.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning.

Today's my Friday, and I get to leave in 3 hours as it is. :biggrin: My father's coming to stay with the kiddo and I for a week. so I have to go pick him up at the airport this afternoon. I'm not sure what we'll do all week, but we'll have fun! I'm not sure I'll be able to fit any rides in though....

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys.

well the body is feeling a bit beat up after last night's WNR. (i'm glad i opted NOT to ride at 6:30 this morning...even if it WAS gonna be a casual ride). the knees ache, the neck stings a little and i've got more bruises than i can ever remember having at one time. but i felt i got a good work out last night so it was worth it. and with every ride i get better acquainted with the new trails here.

i'm sitting here at my kitchen table watching my cat look out the back door while a bunny snacks on our yard. ever since moving here we've come to find out there are about 4 wild bunnies that pay visits throughout the day. they are the cutest things (a hell of a lot better than those d*mn mockingbirds :disgust1:)

another day working from the pool later on. this time i'll take my daughter and the 2 other friends she had sleep over...as well as my son. he is totally loving it here.

well have a great day monkeys.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
To funny!!!

When they do happen the hips sprints do see to be more enjoyable than pre-baby times... is that possible?

Yes....very much so. If you're in the desert, you're thirsty, and someone offers you a drink of water, I guarantee you it's going to be the best drink of water you've had in quite some time, right? :biggrin:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yes....very much so. If you're in the desert, you're thirsty, and someone offers you a drink of water, I guarantee you it's going to be the best drink of water you've had in quite some time, right? :biggrin:
And... you'll make sure to drink it nice and slowly and savor every bit.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all. Is it Saturday yet? Only 2 days until the super-secret covert underground ops ride!!! My only hint is that there will be more than one monkey involved. :monkeydance:

I had big plans to go running last night, but ordered pizza and wings instead. I'll try again tonight. Not much to report otherwise..

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Morning. Just finished up a morning ride with a fast group of guys. Today will be interesting. With that being said my new bike is amazing, at least in my eyes.

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning. Just finished up a morning ride with a fast group of guys. Today will be interesting. With that being said my new3 bike is amazing, at least in my eyes.
Don't try to hop over any fallen saplings and fall on it like you did at Jim Thorpe (Tamaqua).

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hahahaha, I worked on my technique so I'm a bit better now with the logs. I'm sure I'll fall on one of them again soon enough.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
my bike is in the shop (lol, getting the fourth set of cranks put on), so it's walking/mooching rides off of people for me today. Luckily all I have to do is go to school and come home, as my band practices at my house. Bike should be done getting the cranps put on by the afternoon anyways so I'll probably have a friend drop me off at the shop so I can get my bike.

Don't really have anything else for today, except I should really finish getting dressed and take off.

Cya monkies.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Doing some LUNA work then I have to hit the bank and get some groceries (according to Syd our milk is no good and we need to get more...she just doesn't like 1%). Some housework to do that I didn't get done yesterday and then maybe a nice bike ride with Syd...it's beautiful outside right now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did a road ride last night. While decending around a sweeping corner doing about 30 a squirrel ran out in front of me and then tried going 12 different directions at the same time. I didn't have time to react and ran over the stupid thing. There was a sickening double thump-squish-snap feeling. I managed to keep the rubber side down, when I looked back it didn't look so healthy and was dragging itself into the woods. I don't think it survived. Afterwords I felt bad and a little ill but was happy I didn't wreck.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have an appointment to get my wisdom teeth taken out in an hour. The thing I'm most concerned about is being able to ride over the weekend. :twitch:
Not too bad. The anesthesia is mostly worn off, but the numbing gel they put in my mouth is still going strong, so my face feels like it's made of rubber, and about 10x it's normal size. The openings are oozing a bit, so my mouth is full of gauze. Prescription strength ibuprofen is helping. I've got vicodin too, but don't see a need just yet.