Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Another hot and humid day here in the dirty South. It's nearly 80 degrees and still only a little after 5:30am as I type this. I'm pretty sure we'll be melting by noon. I'm glad today is our Friday.

It was a pretty low-key evening. I picked Colin up from daycare and we delivered homemade spaghetti sauce to several friends and family for most of the evening. My father-in-law has a garden that is just shooting out tomatoes by the ton, so I'm having to find new and creative ways to get rid of the extras. We had a little dinner and Justine started watching some girly movie, so I did some stuff to the bike and called it a night.

The weekend looks pretty quiet. I hope to get in a long ride tomorrow morning and besides that, no real plans as of yet.

Y'all have a great day!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Yesterday my sore neck lead to a blazing headache, so I left work early. Last night was another lousy night of uncomfortable sleep. I'm feeling much better today though. I know you were all wondering.

Is it Friday yet?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Was supposed to go to Farmington today, but the boss called last night and left a message on my phone that it was canceled, so I'm going back to White Plains today.

[rant]
Effin' New York drivers will run anything over. My units are placed near the edge of the lane that is closed, and still they run over my geophones. I have to replace 5 sandbags because the morons run over anything. I saw one guy swerve into the cones just to run over the sandbags. I'm thinking of putting caltrops in the bags so they get a flat when they run over the sandbag.[/rant]

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin monkeys! Looks like another nice day in the Boogieburg I'll be spending inside studying... Stupid board exams....
IAB, glad to hear your head/neck feel better.

Have a good'n

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning all.

I closed a $100k deal yesterday (woohoo!) so it's off to pick up a contract and fat down payment check. All in all its a good way to start the day.

More pre-season football tonight. I can't believe it's 'that' time already.
Have a great day all you f#ckin' rice weevils. :banana:

Last edited:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

It was a rather unusual WNR last night as went with an entirely different group and did a sidewalk assault down the Greenbelt in Scottsdale. The group consisted of everything from a cruiser, to mountain bikes, to a home built fixie (the guy was a trials rider from PA and doing some incredible stuff). We raced down the Greenbelt for 8 miles to a skate park, stopped at a bar for some refreshments on the far end and then blasted back through some serious sprinklers (nice touch when it was over 100 out). I had my single speed with an 18 so I was pedaling like a hamster on a wheel the whole time. It ended up being a much better workout than I anticipated. Look forward to hitting this ride again soon.

Have a good day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
[rant]
Effin' New York drivers will run anything over. My units are placed near the edge of the lane that is closed, and still they run over my geophones. I have to replace 5 sandbags because the morons run over anything. I saw one guy swerve into the cones just to run over the sandbags. I'm thinking of putting caltrops in the bags so they get a flat when they run over the sandbag.[/rant]

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a long day at work yesterday, slept like crap. However, I am happy to report that this "project" for my soon to be 10 year old son Connor is done. Check it:

Should be a fun little bike for him. :thumb:

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning - had a long day at work yesterday, slept like crap. However, I am happy to report that this "project" for my soon to be 10 year old son Connor is done. Check it:

http://i109.photob
Should be a fun little bike for him. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Looks good man!

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Today is my Friday too. Tomorrow I'm going upto Great Glen for my first 24 hr race. Yehaw! I hope the rain holds off
Yes, 24 HoGG is going to be alot of fun! I'm trying to stay optimistic about the weather but it doesn't look good. There are flood warnings for this weekend. But on the bright side I can always use the mud as an excuse for slow lap times. :)

This is my first 24 hour race too. In fact it is only my second race ever. My first was the first year I was mtn biking back in 1991!

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Morning monkeys!

[rant]
flat tires are nice and all, but....

have you considered rigging up some pressure activated IEDs? that way the clumsy and the deliberately annoying will be culled from the population.