Quantcast

****Thursday GMT****

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
What's shakin' bacons? Up early to get some outside chores done before work and then a day of death by powerpoint! But today is my Friday so nah!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Currently 79*, and is predicted to 98* today. BigT says it is just getting comfortable.

Be jealous of me sitting in my office all day today. Though in reality, I'd rather be anywhere but there.

Be safe out there.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Higher elevation trails are melting out and opening. Went for a ride last night and rippppppped downhill on Upper Whoops. woot woot.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Day two of back pain, and I've determined its because I sit on my ass entirely too much every day.
Hopefully it pass and I can ride this afternoon, and I have to get back into an exercise routine other than cycling. I'm getting too old to coast by on caffeine and Advil.

Ordered parts to rebuild my DHR pivots, due in Friday in time to ride all weekend.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good morning.
Day two of back pain, and I've determined its because I sit on my ass entirely too much every day.
Hopefully it pass and I can ride this afternoon, and I have to get back into an exercise routine other than cycling. I'm getting too old to coast by on caffeine and Advil.

Ordered parts to rebuild my DHR pivots, due in Friday in time to ride all weekend.
We've discussed this before. Ween from he caffine over a couple of weeks. Get your roadie setup on a trainer and spin in front of the tv, get a foam roller to work you IT band, and start working your core and stretching. 30 min per day should be enough to start seeing almost immediate results.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Nick, take your wallet out of your pocket whenever you're sitting at your desk/driving etc.
That did more for my back issues and any amount of stretching etc.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. I am officially the mother of a First Grader! Syd was excited that she got the teacher she wanted and her report card was perfect so we're all happy here, despite the 95+ degree heat. Alex is doing well and nursing a LOT so hopefully we'll find out that she is growing well on Monday. I can't believe she's going to be a month old tomorrow. Talked to the Dr. office yesterday -- they were calling to check up on my health and well-being and recommend that I start some light physical activity. I didn't mention that I have been mountain biking once or twice a week...that's "light" physical activity right :D

I'm hoping to get a ride in tomorrow and on Sunday with Splat & JBP....gotta set the alarm and pump, pump, pump so I have enough food for baby Alex!!! I'm thinking a nice ice cold beer will help me with that :cheers:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nick, take your wallet out of your pocket whenever you're sitting at your desk/driving etc.
That did more for my back issues and any amount of stretching etc.
I blew out a disc that took forever to heal. Between changing my chair and removing my wallet, my back got 100% better. The seat in my car was a huge help. If only I could make an office chair using the same seat...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I blew out a disc that took forever to heal. Between changing my chair and removing my wallet, my back got 100% better. The seat in my car was a huge help. If only I could make an office chair using the same seat...
you could look for one of these

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Im still in Maribor but I have to work instead of riding. I love my work but it is a big bummer.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
A guy at my place does that too. Even made our machine shop make him a special computer stand to raise his monitor/keyboard. Fvcking goon.
The funny thing is that standing at work is really healthy even if it is strange. Not to mention some peeps claim it might be the differance between getting fat because of work and staying reasonably slim.