Quantcast

%&# thursday gmt @$^

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Day #4 of temps in the 90s this week. Ugh, this heatwave while having to drive a vehicle to/from work with no a/c is bullsh*t!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Rode on top of my local mountain yesterday as it was 10 degrees cooler (89 instead of 99...). Working on my rigged cheapie vivitar chest cam mounted on a modified go pro chesty. It's in it's farthest upright position but is still too low of an angle- off to the hardware store to get some small files! Gonna try some underwater vids with the kid on vacation!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode dirt yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. I forgot my gloves and now have blisters, which sucks. The coil on the SB felt really stiff descending, so I need to figure out the spring weight and tuning. It's going to suck if it turns out to not feel that good overall.

Nothing else new for me.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Things are sllllooooowwww here. It is certainly not helping this rotation go any faster.

We received a bunch of conveyors from China. It took forever to arrive, (about 6 weeks late), and when it did finally show up, it is essentially trash. I'm guessing there will be plenty of opportunity to work on the various claims that will result from this shiz show.

In the meantime, perhaps I should start day-trading.

Stoney: out of curiosity, when in DH mode, how long is the stem you run on the Yeti? I just put a 40mm stem on mine and I'm thinking it might actually be too short for the climbing. I suppose it depends on one's shape...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stoney: out of curiosity, when in DH mode, how long is the stem you run on the Yeti? I just put a 40mm stem on mine and I'm thinking it might actually be too short for the climbing. I suppose it depends on one's shape...
Don't forget, I'm a wookie. I run 90mm normally and dropped it to a 70mm for DH. I've never run anything shorter than a 65mm for DH though, as I've never found a bike that allows me to. I put a 60mm on for one day and it was definitely too short. While the bike is designed to be more front heavy, it's not hard to go too far forward.

I should add, that I only have one bike, so I swap stems based on DH vs. trail. I can ride trail w/ 70mm, but it sucks.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
How's your knee? Trail ride-able this weekend? Can you think of anything that isn't super far away, that isn't uber steep? My fat ass can't handle straight up, and I'm not sure about your knee.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
D
I should add, that I only have one bike, so I swap stems based on DH vs. trail. I can ride trail w/ 70mm, but it sucks.
Yeah. I'm wondering if maybe the 40mm is a hair short. I did feel a bit like the great pedalling of the Yeti went away with the shorter stem. Felt a little less stable going up. Of course, it might have had something to do with my dough-iness due to going to Whistler twice instead of riding trail those days...

I'll stew over this for the next 37 days or so...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ok I suck and haven't been checking in, but I'm here now. Doesn't that count for something?? :happy:

Howzit everyone?? All clear here on the western front.... well, except the skies, they are grey today. Should be gone tomorrow for a Buffalo and Ski Bunny camping adventure in YTJ!!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah. I'm wondering if maybe the 40mm is a hair short. I did feel a bit like the great pedalling of the Yeti went away with the shorter stem. Felt a little less stable going up. Of course, it might have had something to do with my dough-iness due to going to Whistler twice instead of riding trail those days...

I'll stew over this for the next 37 days or so...
I know you're normal sized, but 40 sounds really short.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning...er... afternoon?

Had two interviews at UMASS earlier this week. The position I interviewed for yesterday would be really challenging and keep me busy. I had an interview for another position in a different department on Tuesday. It's pretty much what I was doing back at Cornell and was bored sh!tless doing. Hopefully I get an offer for the first one. I should know late next week.

Otherwise, just taking care of the temporarily crippled BadDNA and riding bikes when I get the chance. Only 1 week 'til Monkeyfest. Woot!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Just got back from my LBS. Bought my daughter a 16er for her 4th b-day. Sans training wheels of course. If I brought it home with training wheels I'd be in serious trouble.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
morning.
busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest lately.
making it tough to stick to my work hard-play hard credo. need a run/ride/yoga/trip to the gym/lobotomy.

My parents come back to town today. gonna be fun weekend.

JimmyDean- sounds fun. not.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon folks. The bike industry received a serious boost in sales on Tuesday. I ordered Sq-Earl and I 15th anniversary bikes :D I am hoping they'll arrive so I can get them built in time for Monkeyfest, but we'll see. All of the parts will arrive (wheels, forks, drivetrain where applicable, brakes, etc. but I am not sure when the frames will come. We'll see and yes, Sq-Earl really does have the best wife one the planet. For our anniversary I am not only buying him a bike, but building it too!!!

We took Syd for a MTB Ride the other night (Tuesday) and she was KILLING IT!!!! I was SO proud. At first, she was nervous riding along the rim of a ravine, but she really started looking up (once she had someone to follow) and was ripping. I'll have to bring the GoPro next time.