Quantcast

^^^Thursday GMT^^^

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I see someone with a Calvin-pissing-on-something window sticker on their car, and I think this person in all likelihood A) is not well educated (probably high school level or GED), B) has a low paying, low-skill job, C) enjoys the likes of McDonald's, Bud Light, and Nascar, and D) sucks at life.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

We got over a foot of snow in the last 24hrs which made the drive home last night pretty crappy. Had some vacation days to burn so half day today and off tomorrow. Might do some xmas shopping this afternoon and not sure what tomorrow will have in store for me...

Maybe some skiing? :D :weee:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I see someone with a Calvin-pissing-on-something window sticker on their car, and I think this person in all likelihood A) is not well educated (probably high school level or GED), B) has a low paying, low-skill job, C) enjoys the likes of McDonald's, Bud Light, and Nascar, and D) sucks at life.
Same goes for trucknuts or any sticker that takes up the whole rear window.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i want a sticker of calvin pissing on the higgs-boson

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have to fill out a 10 page "success planning form" today. I cannot tell you how much contempt I have towards these things.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yesterday afternoon was so nice I decided to go ride my bike for the first time since august. PR'd the loop @ the air force academy. I guess all that running is good for something besides making me hate myself. Who knew?

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Just put a year and half's worth of work into the care of UPS. I will not be sleeping for a few days...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I had to fill out one of those goals/achievements vs. provided excellent metrics forms yesterday. I also had to rewrite my whole CV in their odd, very verbose format. If the measure of one's success is CV length, I'm currently at 4.5 pages, I believe. Meh.

The big news for me is that I snagged myself a Visiting Professorship... which in reality means that I emailed my old fellowship program director at UW, mentioned that I'd be in town for the holidays, and suggested that I come by and give a lecture. :D Hey, it's an extra line on the CV, and lectures at other institutions are valuable.

Here's the lecture, if any of you are particularly bored: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2WDoaJQHlYIUzVIdW5aSXc3cnc/view?usp=sharing

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not yet afternoon, Monkeys.

Busy day with the company holiday lunch today and a few x-mas type items to acquire. Supposed to get a sh!tstorm this afternoon with 60+ mph winds and heap loads of rain. Yay for a fun commute home tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got home in one piece and no rollovers during this awesome snow fall. I might have taken the long way...sideways.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
eh, i generally have pretty flexible hours and often don't quite make it to a full 40 hour week. it's major crunch time for a product launch.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i wish i could dislike it myself. as of right now i've already put in 48 hours this week.
This continues to be one of the main reasons I'm no longer interested in a management position around here. I'm an hourly employee and I don't want to stay more than 40. 10 hours is 10 hours! If I could get away with less, I would.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This continues to be one of the main reasons I'm no longer interested in a management position around here. I'm an hourly employee and I don't want to stay more than 40. 10 hours is 10 hours! If I could get away with less, I would.
i've had some discussions with my boss about getting on a management tract. not sure if i'm willing to sell my soul for that.