Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Backing up to a memory stick is just, well, stupid. Sorry, but fact. I don't know what you're backing up or how critical it is, but I recommend contracting for IT services someone who knows their ass from their elbow.
I know you'll probably slap me with a white glove for even suggesting this, but what about using Google Drive as a backup option? The plus side is that you will have your data on who knows how many storage devices in who knows how many different locations. The other major plus, is Google's two factor authentication; of course if you use a cell phone as the 2nd factor and don't lock the phone.....

Downside? All your crap is in the public and in who knows how many places and who know where.

It is officially time for me to toss in the towel and start CELEBRATING A THREE DAY WEEKEND. HELLLLLLLS YEAHSSSSS. First item on the to-do list is sleep. Glorious sleep.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I know you'll probably slap me with a white glove for even suggesting this, but what about using Google Drive as a backup option? The plus side is that you will have your data on who knows how many storage devices in who knows how many different locations. The other major plus, is Google's two factor authentication; of course if you use a cell phone as the 2nd factor and don't lock the phone.....

Downside? All your crap is in the public and in who knows how many places and who know where.

It is officially time for me to toss in the towel and start CELEBRATING A THREE DAY WEEKEND. HELLLLLLLS YEAHSSSSS. First item on the to-do list is sleep. Glorious sleep.
It's for work with highly sensitive info. I'm not technically supposed to take all of it in a building sale, so I don't want to call IT on this one. I have it off of their cloud, so hopefully new IT dept can help tomorrow morning. The building sale is to finalize any second now... :wait: Chillin with the current/about to be former big boss. I'll sure miss him!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's for work with highly sensitive info. I'm not technically supposed to take all of it in a building sale, so I don't want to call IT on this one. I have it off of their cloud, so hopefully new IT dept can help tomorrow morning. The building sale is to finalize any second now... :wait: Chillin with the current/about to be former big boss. I'll sure miss him!
Going all Bradley/Chelsea Manning, I see. Carry on. Make sure to give the scoop to Wikileaks later.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I spent more time asleep then awake today. My food for the day consisted of 2 cups of tea, a bowl of tomato soup, 2 8oz cans of Pepsi (real sugar kind), 3 slices of cheese, and a rice cake. Now back to bed.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I spent more time asleep then awake today. My food for the day consisted of 2 cups of tea, a bowl of tomato soup, 2 8oz cans of Pepsi (real sugar kind), 3 slices of cheese, and a rice cake. Now back to bed.

Did I mention the diarrhea starting on day 4?

Day is winding down. Tomorrow is end of harvest bbq. Carne asada is delicious. Gonna take the dogs on a night walk. The coyotes always howl and make me a little nervous for one of my pups. She knows to stick by but still would hate for her to disappear in the night.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have to go grocery shopping today. If I time it right all the MILFs will be there without thier little ankle biters.
AND if my timing is better, I will be there right after the Pilates class next door lets out & all the ravenous, bendy, yoga pant wearers will be flooding the aisles.
See through yoga pants weren't the attraction I thought they'd be.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still patiently waiting for a formal job offer, it has been a week since I was given a verbal commitment that one is coming my way. All the more important after a couple of co-workers embarrassed themselves, an me in a long conference call with the customer. These two guys hate each other, bickered and argued in front of the customer for close to two hours. The whole time both of them were messaging me on skype, explaining how the other guy was a dick.

Both were being dicks to each other and to the customer in some respect.

When I find myself in a group where I am the most personable, it is clearly a fucked up place.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Errr...this is info you really ought to keep to yourself. Just sayin'...
I've often wondered how long it would take me to go through all my posts here and remove anything that I don't want employers to see... It's a little to easy to figure out who I am if you ask me! Anyway, the IT guy from the new company was an awesome help and got everything I needed sorted out! Win at work for that one! Plus, my old boss would have retrieved these for me if I was unable to get them, so I'm sure it's allllll good!