Quantcast

..Thursday GMT...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Moar coffee......hard to get the motivation wagon started this morning. Cranking, but not turning over.

Solved my weed eater dilemma - bought the Kobalt 40-volt electric doo-dad. It charged in a half-hour and I did my whole 3/4 acre - including pump track, with not a problem.

Thumbs up.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hmmm. I almost started a proper Wing Dinged GMT but, since I don't have a yard and wouldn't maintain it if I did, Ima go trail riding in the mountains instead.

Also 12 more work days until the end. Soon I will be counting the minutes. :thumb:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Cool rainy night = first good night sleep in a week.
I need to ride more often and just exhaust myself.
:stupid:

Thinking I might go for a pedal this afternoon at White Ranch if you aren't doing something stupid like working past 6pm. You know, if the weather holds out and all.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Hmmm. I almost started a proper Wing.Dinged GMT but, since I don't have a yard and wouldn't maintain it if I did, Ima go trail riding in the mountains instread.

Also 12 more work days until the end. Soon I will be counting the minutes. :thumb:
Musta missed it. End = retirement?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
FTS is strong this morning. I am tired, thankfully rain later today will likely spare me the embarrassment of skipping a ride on a fine day. Is it Friday yet??

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
yesterday's Hangover is gone thanks to a couple of sours from Torched Hop. Todays car troubles began with my car not starting and then my daughters car is steaming and smelling like antifreeze, Hoping that my car is just a bad batter, since it is 5-6 years old. Daughters car will go to my trusted mechanic for the obvious issues, an oil change and brake check.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Fell asleep at 7pm, woke up at 6am; still tired.

I've found out a LOT more about how I fit into my team's stats and apparently I carry the weight of two people when it comes to most of the important ones. My patience with no promotion or raise last year is getting progressively shorter and shorter. If I wasn't already planning around the month long paternity leave in Dec, I likely would be looking to leave outright at this point. Hopefully I can find something within the company so I can get a raise/promotion sooner than not.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey. I averaged 20.3 mph on my road ride last, which was kind of cool. Currently sitting on a software demo webex being led by three guys with thick foreign accents. I understand about every third word. This is brutal.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
PAY DAY!!! Wife's check $999 more than mine! Guess it was due to the day they had during Celebrity Golf......

Also means next week's overnighter to Mammoth won't be such a drain on any remaining finances we'll have after bill paying.

And NASCAR......

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
And the short cube debacle continues!

V1: Short cubes for everyone on the floor.
V2: Frosted glass dividers placed on corner cubes and people near printers. Facilities was surprised to hear that short cubes were distracting, louder, and more people were wearing headphones and chatting.
V3: Additional frosted glass dividers being added to cubes along the main aisles citing distractions and awkward eye contact with passerbys.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

V2: Frosted glass dividers placed on corner cubes and people near printers. Facilities was surprised to hear that short cubes were distracting, louder, and more people were wearing headphones and chatting.
V3: Additional frosted glass dividers being added to cubes along the main aisles citing distractions and awkward eye contact with passerbys.
haha, beautiful

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
:wave:

Asymmetric wingdings are a bad start to my day. :twitch:

It's a new phase in my life...asymmetry.

Noticed that on the little island of lettuce that tries to grow on my dome, the left side(which I'm assuming is the most southeast-facing portion of my head) tends to grow a bit stronger than the right. So, it hit me...nature isn't always symmetrical and maybe this is a sign (...other than one of male-pattern baldness), so why should I try and conform to societal norms and make my wingdings the same on each side?

...but now that I know what really sets you guys off..:weee:

~~Assymetrical Wing-Ding ALL the things!!~~~~

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

You got cubes? Lucky! We have one of the modern stupid open spaces with rows of desks, no dividers whatsoever. I can hear when someone 50ft away farts a juicy one. They are sending eleventy billionty decibels of white noise from the ceiling in order to prevent people from completely losing their minds.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You got cubes? Lucky! We have one of the modern stupid open spaces with rows of desks, no dividers whatsoever. I can hear when someone 50ft away farts a juicy one. They are sending eleventy billionty decibels of white noise from the ceiling in order to prevent people from completely losing their minds.
You guys probably have so much collaboration and synergy and ideation. Totally drilling down and thinking outside the box to impact your core competency so you can amplify bandwidth to move the needle on low-hanging fruit.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
You guys probably have so much collaboration and synergy and ideation. Totally drilling down and thinking outside the box to impact your core competency so you can amplify bandwidth to move the needle on low-hanging fruit.
I need to make amplifying my bandwidth a new action item...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I want to find out what sort of University of Retard these mgmt types are going to where they teach this same bullshit to all of them.

'Cause you know what IT-type folks love? Lots of interaction with other humans... esp humans they don't really want to be friends or hang out with, much less make small-talk.

Bring back the actual office. With a door. Fuck. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Debating selling the M and getting a 3 y/o A4 Avant and a Stasis tune and suspension... I need a better hobby.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wow, slam dunk, right out of the left field! Thanks for heads up, I think it's huddle time now. The finish line is in sight!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Going through a vendor proposal .ppt. last page had a url that was an inserted image. Not a hotlink, not text, a fuggin graphic. I would like to nominate them for jonkranked's kill list.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:stupid:

Thinking I might go for a pedal this afternoon at White Ranch if you aren't doing something stupid like working past 6pm. You know, if the weather holds out and all.
What time are you planning to be at the trailhead? Wife and I will drive across and meet. @Nick you should join.

Hopefully the t-storm didn't eff up Belcher too much :D