Quantcast

*Thursday WTFU GMT*

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Finishing loading my gear into the camper. We leave for a three day horse show after work. I am the EMT and the wife is competing. we will have all the fur balls with us. AC is going to have to be cranked all weekend as the forecast is near 100s each day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so two days after i leave on vacation a new nick cave record will be coming out.

i hope to fucking ________ if he tours it doesn't start until i return....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don't feel like getting out of bed. Meeting at 10 so I have to make it in by then, I suppose.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Was up coughing for about 2 hours last night. le tired. le suck. this cold can go fuck itself. rainy and shitty out, but it's ride night. not sure if I feel like going.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Went to get my extremely overdue inspection done on the car, only to find out I apparently threw away the NEW registration instead of the old when I received it last fall. $25 to get a duplicate, and now have to drive all the way back to the inspection station.

What a dumbass I am.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I seem to have come down with a case of dentist bike lust. Anyone have feedback on a Yeti SB5?
You can't swing your balls around without hitting one of those out here, everyone seems to rave about them.
@Full Trucker had a 5 for a year or two and recently up'd to the 6. Paging FT to the white courtesy phone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You can't swing your balls around without hitting one of those out here, everyone seems to rave about them.
@Full Trucker had a 5 for a year or two and recently up'd to the 6. Paging FT to the white courtesy phone.
Local shop has a used demo SB6. Looks a little beat up but moreso from handling and storage than from being ridden.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Run #2 with dog #3. She seems to be getting the hang of it. Smart dog that one. On that note there was a terrible fight between her and dog #2 over breakfast tuesday. Lots of blood and puncture wounds but nothing terminal it seems. Dogs seem to have established boundaries now with no further problems, they were cuddling last night.

Sourdough waffles, then yard work.

Local shop has a used demo SB6. Looks a little beat up but moreso from handling and storage than from being ridden.
So, typical dentist bike then?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Run #2 with dog #3. She seems to be getting the hang of it. Smart dog that one. On that note there was a terrible fight between her and dog #2 over breakfast tuesday. Lots of blood and puncture wounds but nothing terminal it seems. Dogs seem to have established boundaries now with no further problems, they were cuddling last night.

Sourdough waffles, then yard work.

So, typical dentist bike then?
A proper Dentist's bike gets worn out from compulsive cleaning and polishing.

On a similar note I have always been nervous about my idiot dog and how he would respond to getting close up to a cat. He gets pretty intense when he sees one. During last night's walk he saw a steel cat ornament and took it for the real thing. He was on it in a fraction of a second. Damn think went skittering down the street. Was a hefty chunk of junk,. Had it been a real cat I am afraid it would have become similarly animated as the steel one. I am surprised he didn't break any teeth.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have essentially a 3 hour work day today. I came in at 10:00 on account of a dentist appointment (routine service), then had 10:00-12:00 meetings. Now I have three hours to work before heading to more meetings to close out the work day.

I swam this morning, I'll ride tonight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
anyone know anything about riding mountain bikes in New Mexico. In October. In the Albuquerque area? My buddies are throwing that location around as a possible destination for the annual bike trip, and tbh, I know very little about it. Other than I've always wanted to visit New Mexico...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got a random call from some dude in Nevada, asking to basically help sell my car. It'll only cost 2-3 bills. Who actually does that with some rando?

:crazy:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I made it in by 10 as promised. 9:30 even, after returning that crap electric lawn mower to Lowe's. I'm on service from 1-5 PM, with a resident teaching mini-conference from 1:15-1:50 or so, so I effectively also have a 3 hour day a la IAB.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just got a random call from some dude in Nevada, asking to basically help sell my car. It'll only cost 2-3 bills. Who actually does that with some rando?

:crazy:
I had my old A4 on craigslist and got numerous calls from a company "guaranteeing" to sell my car for a fee of a couple hundred bucks. I asked them to not call me again, about 7-8 times.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
3 hour effective work day? I can beat that with a 4 hour work day not including lunch or meetings and I was highly ineffective.

Other than that - new glasses, my excuses for incoherent posts are slowly being eliminated.

I'm thinking about a new burner phone...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Blue Ridge Parkway is real nice. Hiking in the Smokies is fun. Hiking with a raging thunderstorm above is adrenaline fun. Driving on TN Rt 32 was twisted fun. Now in Asheville. Beer fun?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonight's ride was fantastic, right up until I broke my helmet.

And this time it wasn't my fault. I got clotheslined in neck/face by a black climbing rope tied across the trail. I honestly had no clue what the fuck hit me, scariest thing to ever happen to me on a bike.

Said rope grabbed onto my helmet and ripped it right off my head. Thing is done and my neck is sore...

Found another rope about 30 feet down the trail, too.

I'm the most laid back and easy going dude, but this has me absolutely fuming. If I or anyone else had been going any faster, shit would have been BAD.

Fuck.

And this time it wasn't my fault. I got clotheslined in neck/face by a black climbing rope tied across the trail. I honestly had no clue what the fuck hit me, scariest thing to ever happen to me on a bike.

Said rope grabbed onto my helmet and ripped it right off my head. Thing is done and my neck is sore...

I'm the most laid back and easy going dude, but this has me absolutely fuming. If I or anyone else had been going any faster, shit would have been BAD.

Fuck.
This shit's happening in Massachusetts too.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Fuck.
Doooood !!!

People that booby-trap trails like that are low life cowards who wouldn't confront anyone in person. I hope you get to catch one in the act and run his ass over.

Glad you were not seriously injured.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Fuck.
Report that shit to the police. Or mounties. Whatever the eff you have.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This shit's happening in Massachusetts too.
That's seriously messed up. I've heard of it happening around Toronto before, but have never witnessed it in person. I have never yelled fuck so many times, as loud as I could. It was like hitting an invisible wall, I thought a tree fell down or something right as I was passing.

@jonKranked @Nick already called the Canaderp policia. They won't do shit, because it is on conservation area land. I have to call the conservation authority officers in the morning. I already left them a message.

Its been probably 1.5 hours since it happened and man, did the helmet strap ever yank on my throat. It feels like I have a ping pong bong lodged in my neck.

But seriously, how can I ever ride those trails again and not worry about that happening? I think I posted about finding a big rope across another trail a month or two ago on here and kinda joked about it, as it was on a wide open double track trail. Shit aint no joke now, I guess.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry @canadmos that's awful. i'd be kreeping those trails staking them out and catching those mofos in the act. i hope your neck/throat heal up. sorry about your helmet. sounds like a trip to the bong/brew shed is in order.