Quantcast

! Thursday !

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Somehow, after years of riding, I think I've finally developed the ability to corner at speed. Pushed it yesterday and felt it drift through the transition zone then sharply hook up on the side knobs. So go me.

Busy day today. Meetings and I have to go into the office for a bit to conduct a training.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man, alright! I have a single 30 minute meeting between now and Monday. Weird. I've got a four day bachelor weekend on tap. Wife is heading to NC with her mom to visit family, and I thank her for not making me go.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
G'morning all. Did a couple more hours of trail maintenance last night. It's official, bench-cutting in rocky ground sucks.

The PA Dairymen's Association is bringing the milkshake truck to the brewery today; free shakes for all employees! You better believe this boy is going to the yard

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Some time back someone gave us some seedlings. The seedlings have matured and are producing viable seed. We have three mature trees and a few working on getting there. I transplant seedlings in the fall. None (except certain seedlings?) have shown evidence of blight.
any idea if they are the blight resistant variety?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Come on espresso, wake me up already. Working a 7-5 shift then I have to bug out in the camper to work 3 days of horse shows. I'm half way through working 21 days with no time off but then I go on a 14 day Vacation. Looking forward to meeting Rideit in JH. Going to spend at least a week in Grand Teton National Park fishing and kayaking with my Ranger Buddy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello peoples

working 8-5 today for a change. Kind of unsettled sleep last night.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They've been cross bred with a fungus resistant variety and are starting to be reintroduced
starting to, but I haven't heard whether they had successfully lasted past 5 years which I thought was the end of the line for most Am Chestnuts...
Some time back someone gave us some seedlings. The seedlings have matured and are producing viable seed. We have three mature trees and a few working on getting there. I transplant seedlings in the fall. None (except certain seedlings?) have shown evidence of blight.

Interesting, again I thought they died after 5 years when they started to mature. I was considering donating to the Am Chestnut society just to get some blight resistant nuts and try to help, but they seemed to do away with the program by the time I was ready

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
starting to, but I haven't heard whether they had successfully lasted past 5 years which I thought was the end of the line for most Am Chestnuts...

Interesting, again I thought they died after 5 years when they started to mature. I was considering donating to the Am Chestnut society just to get some blight resistant nuts and try to help, but they seemed to do away with the program by the time I was ready
they haven't done away with it, but you have to make a several hundred dollar donation to get one, which seems counter productive.

i live up the street from the James Audubon house, they have a small grove they have been growing.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've been wanting to plant some non-pine/non-fir trees at the Idaho homestead should you ever find yourself with "extra" seeds/seedlings.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yesterday allergies where the worst they have been in years for me. Eyes feel like they are full of sand, that's been soaked in gasoline, then lit on fire...
:stupid:

I never suffered from notable allergies but this year has been bad and that is a fairly accurate description of how my eyes feel. I even briefly considered gauging them out, fiery fuckers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like someone is going to get to play with fire today! I had two leaky hose bibs not too long ago and access to them was... kind of a PITA. Fortunately, my basement is unfinished.

"Buy a house," they said.

:mad:
Apparently they make a rebuild kit for this faucet. So hopefully no soldering involved