Quantcast

! Thursday !

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've been waterboarding myself for a few years now with this stuff re: school-aged kids bringing home colds.

Similar to analyzing your poo, it's quite interesting to witness what comes out of your sinuses when you're sick.

I don't use distilled water, so I've probably got brain worms / ebola-aids but at least my sinuses are clear...

Costco 250 pack FTW, tho I've DIY with a tsp of salt in the past.

1621542042703.png

Nasal Symptoms from Allergies and Hayfever
Nasal Irritation from Grass, Pollen, Animal Dander, Occupational and House Dust, Fumes, and Smoke

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
86 freedom units and humid. Naturally, I forgot my water at work, for tonight's ride.

This seems like a good spot for your jeep, bro.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've been waterboarding myself for a few years now with this stuff re: school-aged kids bringing home colds.

Similar to analyzing your poo, it's quite interesting to witness what comes out of your sinuses when you're sick.

I don't use distilled water, so I've probably got brain worms / ebola-aids but at least my sinuses are clear...

Costco 250 pack FTW, tho I've DIY with a tsp of salt in the past.

View attachment 160416

Nasal Symptoms from Allergies and Hayfever
Nasal Irritation from Grass, Pollen, Animal Dander, Occupational and House Dust, Fumes, and Smoke
My wife uses one of those nasal things. Only thing that keeps her from getting sinus infections.

If you're not using distilled water just boil it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have also had a margarita provided by @6thElement on a ride in Moab. Not necessary for survival at the time, but welcome and delicious none the less.

the banana? or was that @Full Trucker ?
The Banana Incident® was witnessed by myself, @Nick, and @stoney while riding the shuttle up for The Whole Enchilada... and it was some kid from Jersey who had the banana. Pretty sure that kid is still out there, half way down Porcupine Rim.

R.I.P. Jersey Banana Kid. You should have packed an extra layer in that drawstring sling backpack what came with your tennis shoes.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I can't tell you how suprised I am that you aren't smart enough to carry enough food and water when venturing into the mountains. Shocked really.
I think I had two breakfast burritos and a couple slices of pizza on that ride. But yeah - I definitely underestimated the effort of that one.

I did have a water filter, which we used several times to re-supply...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Weren't those the gels that were several years out of date?
Errr... I don't think they were out of date at the time. But not sure. I'm pretty positive that the gels I have in my "emergency rations" section of my pack (from that same batch) are *definitely* past their best-by date by now. :D

I still need to do that section of the CT, you should stock up.
If I do this ride again, I will cut it short and descend West Lost Trail Creek - 'cause that descent is MUCH better than the descent at the end of that segment. But you should do the whole thing, 'cause I'm pretty sure we'd get back to the truck about the same time. :homer:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have also had a margarita provided by @6thElement on a ride in Moab. Not necessary for survival at the time, but welcome and delicious none the less.

The Banana Incident® was witnessed by myself, @Nick, and @stoney while riding the shuttle up for The Whole Enchilada... and it was some kid from Jersey who had the banana. Pretty sure that kid is still out there, half way down Porcupine Rim.

R.I.P. Jersey Banana Kid. You should have packed an extra layer in that drawstring sling backpack what came with your tennis shoes.
It wasn't just him. It was his whole crew of like 4 or 5 guys in gym shorts, t-shirts, and running shoes. Single water bottle each and the one (now half-eaten) banana.