Quantcast

***Thursderp GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well, i see your problem. that's not a bike.
Is that Stosh? :confused:

Just got back from a triple Front Range shuttle. Don't tell anybody. 1st was talked into DH'ing Belcher. I should have kicked the kid in the nuts for that recommendation. Although the top, singletrack part of Belcher is actually pretty fun.

2nd lap was Longhorn.

3rd lap was Chimney Gulch.

Holy shit is there a lot of poison ivy at WR and CG. :dead:

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Huge airport line. I'm last. Drive was 30 minutes longer due to construction traffic. Online check in wasn't working. Fuuu.

People traveling with kids. Jesus. Why. Looks painful.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Some fucking punk trashed our mailbox at 2 AM. Started to undertake a pursuit, but various comedies ensued regarding wrong keys in pocket, where the hell's the 659, &c., went back to bed.
When I was a teenager in PA, my friend's Grandfather had a problem with smashed mailboxes as did everyone else who lived on that road. He got fed up with it and fabricated a mailbox using 1/4" plate steel. He painted it to look like a standard galvanized mailbox, then mounted it to a steel pipe and sank it 9' into the ground.

One day while heading home we saw a bunch of smashed mailboxes on the same road up until his Grandfather's new box. There wasn't a scratch on it and all the mailboxes down the road were un-touched. Pure awesomeness !!

Then sometime after that my friend got woken up in the middle of the night by an explosion. He grabbed his gun, dog, flashlight, and went to investigate. Someone had tried to blow up the mailbox with an M80, but all it did was open the door.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Oh look, moar rain for the over saturated trails. No riding today or at all this week, so far. Aaaaaaagggghhhhhhh !!!!!!!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Also working on wedding bands that have to be picked up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a ride in after they leave. If not I'm going to need bail money.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today's ride was much success, I took the hard tail because the trails are fast and flowy to start and tight and twisty to finish. I impressed myself by cleaning a shoot to an immediate 90 degree right hand berm to a short but steep rocky climb. The SB6 just eats that up; the XTC takes a bit more finess and a lot more hanging off the saddle. Great fun. Hero legs for the entire ride. :)

Also met a couple just getting into trail riding, he had a decent 29r but she was on a comfort bike and appeared to be struggling. Her center of gravity was way to high. I offered her my old Giant XTC and she said yes, they are going to give me a call when they get back into town. Now I have to find a QR skewer to replace the Bob Yak skewer that is on it now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also working on wedding bands that have to be picked up tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a ride in after they leave. If not I'm going to need bail money.
Just keep telling yourself, at least I don't have to deal with that asshole JD anymore. :rofl:

Seriously, we get so many comments and my wife loves to tell the story of how some dude from the internet hand made them. :D

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Just keep telling yourself, at least I don't have to deal with that asshole JD anymore. :rofl:

Seriously, we get so many comments and my wife loves to tell the story of how some dude from the internet hand made them. :D
Yeah that guy was off the chain....

The bands are like yours, but with a 5mm round white Sapphire set in 14K yellow gold in each ring. Should look good'nuff to get married in I suppose.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also have to pick up my lady from work today because they made her give back her company car when she gave notice. :panic:

We get to go car shopping this weekend so she can drive to work for her last three weeks, yay.

When I was a teenager in PA, my friend's Grandfather had a problem with smashed mailboxes as did everyone else who lived on that road. He got fed up with it and fabricated a mailbox using 1/4" plate steel. He painted it to look like a standard galvanized mailbox, then mounted it to a steel pipe and sank it 9' into the ground.

One day while heading home we saw a bunch of smashed mailboxes on the same road up until his Grandfather's new box. There wasn't a scratch on it and all the mailboxes down the road were un-touched. Pure awesomeness !!

Then sometime after that my friend got woken up in the middle of the night by an explosion. He grabbed his gun, dog, flashlight, and went to investigate. Someone had tried to blow up the mailbox with an M80, but all it did was open the door.
I actually headed out with the pistol this morning, but car key comedy stopped my nascent car chase. We lack proportion - this was a minor, if annoying, property crime, nothing to engender armed conflict. This noted, The state cop who showed up while I was repairing the damage had her pistol, taser, a shotgun, and, I suspect a carbine in her vehicle. That's stupid massive overkill, and, I think, contributes to our current firearms insanity. This said, the pistol's still not going away. It's right on the front seat of my Fit, with a round in the chamber.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
BCBR day 1, torrential train all night made the slick roots super slick covered in mud.

Pleased to finish in one piece.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I actually headed out with the pistol this morning, but car key comedy stopped my nascent car chase. We lack proportion - this was a minor, if annoying, property crime, nothing to engender armed conflict. This noted, The state cop who showed up while I was repairing the damage had her pistol, taser, a shotgun, and, I suspect a carbine in her vehicle. That's stupid massive overkill, and, I think, contributes to our current firearms insanity. This said, the pistol's still not going away. It's right on the front seat of my Fit, with a round in the chamber.
Why ?

I have never owned a tool that I didn't use. And being kind of hot-tempered, keeping a loaded pistol next to me while driving would be disaster waiting to happen. Some people should not own guns. I know I am one of them.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Up early, gotta beat the heat. Gonna go do this again for the first time in years:

Great success was had. Was going to try and catch a ride at BC with @JohnE too, but when I got home and sat down my body revolted at the thought of getting back up.

Thought you were sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and drinking beer in your undies all week?
What I said was
I plan on riding bikes and playing video games/drinking beer in my undies all three days.
:p
make a chart?
Happy?