Quantcast

Thursdonk GMT

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Doing work in a coffee shop in Boulderlandia. Will probably fish after I run my errands. Had 1 bite in an hour yesterday. Damn heat. Need to higher up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Three more hours in a location that just had everyone leave. Relatively large event that takes the entirety of the public works team to fix it just occurred. Guess I get to spend the next three hours doing other stuff...

What are you building? Where is the Pizza Oven going?
There was a 26 x 36' building with quality 2 x 4 rafters on the site previously, which managed somehow to stand for more than 40 years. This is an 18 x 18' replacement, built like a brick shithouse, that will house lawnmowers, snowblower, wheelbarrows, chain saw, and other power equipment, plus extension ladder and a small quantity of building materials. It'll be insulated and climate controlled, so I will finally have someplace I can work on my bikes without sweating or freezing.

If I were to build a pizza oven, it'd be outside. The soil in the area of this structure is a blue clay which has been used to build pizza ovens at Green Mountain Trails in Pittsfield, VT, and also in Lincoln, VT. I have also used it to throw and fire various ceramic utensils.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
There was a 26 x 36' building with quality 2 x 4 rafters on the site previously, which managed somehow to stand for more than 40 years. This is an 18 x 18' replacement, built like a brick shithouse, that will house lawnmowers, snowblower, wheelbarrows, chain saw, and other power equipment, plus extension ladder and a small quantity of building materials. It'll be insulated and climate controlled, so I will finally have someplace I can work on my bikes without sweating or freezing.

If I were to build a pizza oven, it'd be outside. The soil in the area of this structure is a blue clay which has been used to build pizza ovens at Green Mountain Trails in Pittsfield, VT, and also in Lincoln, VT. I have also used it to throw and fire various ceramic utensils.
Well if you decide to build one. Let me know. I will volunteer myself to help you.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
14.5" WSD Trek Fuel EX5 acquired. Brakes were upgraded to Deore disc from OEM Avid BB5's. That alone is half the price of the bike. Wifey really likes the fit and already commented that it doesn't feel like a ton of weight is on her wrists. Parts swap will start this weekend, moving most things from the Yeti over to the Trek to get it Wifey dialed.
Once that bike is done and all parts are assembled for Haley's bike, it gets built. She's insisting that it goes pink, but I'm not painting it. I think I can win her over with pink highlights though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

The Trail Association built Pizza Ovens? You have access to them? I have heard of this Blue Clay. Just not used in ovens.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Tested out some new gear on a 4.5 hour hike this evening. Needed to see how a small bear canister feels on the back. Not bad, but it wasn't full either. Good day to be in the woods.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Well if you decide to build one. Let me know. I will volunteer myself to help you.
Does that offer extend to the Northern Rockies?

I am hoping to build a wood fired stove for the creek house re: pizza (#team thin crust, matzo style) and 50/50 whole/white wheat sourdough bread, which the Maah Daah Hay WTF group sampled.

Just crowd-source your plane / train tix -- cheaper than a Porsche -- and I will take care of your lodging, beer and...

Not to mention all the fishing / Mormons (and biking) your heart could handle ;)

Unfortunately they're in the dark ages of crappy pizza down in Idaho but we have a few "fancy" (i.e. proper oven/crust) pizza joints in BZN.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Been riding trails in the Snowy's the last few days, what a hoot at 10,000 ft. Any CO monkies ever make the trek up to Laramie / Centennial to ride?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon