Quantcast

Ti Carbon Quiring Spam

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
I will say that it will probably generate the same love/hate flow within the industry/biking populace that 29" wheels did in 99'. So it goes. :bonk:

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
MMcG: I think the Hammerschmidt and this post do have something in common. That is the fact that the OP was (is?) a big proponent of the Schlumpf bracket drive and I believe that is what the Hammerschidt is going to be. At least a version of it, anyway.

I could be way off, but I think you are on to something!

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I hope you're right, GT. I'm ignorant of the SRAM effort (some Googling is apparently in order), but a few years ago in Crested Butte I took one of Wes' bikes for a spin that had the Schlumpf, and have been jonesin' for one ever since. The price and the need to chamfer the BB have been the roadblocks for me. Maybe SRAM will surmount both obstacles?
- Joe

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
Well the first go with this frame didn't get much response but I figured what the hey, might as well try it again! Can't believe that someone out there doesn't need something like this to get around on and the word is that Ti frames are going to get scarce here until fall with a shortage of head tube stock on the close horizon so get one of these now and ride!!!!!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-3/ad-2153/

Please note the addition of my son's bike as pictured here:

DSC00655.JPG

DSC00654.JPG

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
shortage of Ti headtube stock - probably cuz Lynskey has em all - aren't they building Ti frames for about 4 different brands including doing their own thing on top of that?

What is Scott currently charging for a new Ti frame?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Oh and what is the new revolution dealio that you mentioned when you first listed this thread?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Also - what are the plusses of the carbon fiber insert in the seat tube on your frame? Just weight savings?

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
The cost of admission to that knowledge goes with the frame.:greedy: Let's just say that it is something that has been done before and will rise again. Just like the 700c rim has made a comeback, or kind of just like. Revolutionary, revolution, revolving. What goes around comes around and many times the second (or third) try is the best yet!

The carbon fiber treatment was solely an exercise in, yeah, that can be done. It serves no greater purpose in life other than that. Looks beachin' though!

hitekrdnk

Monkey
May 15, 2006
OK, last stab here. The Ti/Carbon frame with seatpost, fr. der., and a silver Reba w/poploc for $1500. The Reba is used some but in great shape.

My son's frame went to a good home. And MMcG her is that heavy hint you have been looking for, no charge.
Picture 005.jpg