Quantcast

TI-coil

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
weight is the biggest advantage, there is also something about progressiveness(sp?) of a ti spring that is different form that of a steel one that i am not clear about.
by the way, are you benny?

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
ti is about a half pound lighter because its not wound as tight and its progressive because its not wound as tight

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
ben,
so just after the race at mt eskine you got too much money laying around? :blah: how did you do in the race anyways? i didn't know paul is going full blown for dh now.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
danm, i didn't know it was soo muddy then. well, it wont be another month or so untill i will be able to ride that track. :(

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
The ti spring feels more lively, if that makes any sense. The different metal feels like it reacts quicker than steel, but it could be mental also, just knowing that you have a chunk of metal that weighs .9 pounds and costs over two bills retail.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
It's lighter. People who think it feels different are trying too hard to justify their purchase.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Heh, and I rode your bling bullit, loo, and, well, it was a half a pound lighter than it was with a steel spring.

And I'm not toting a gun anymore, nor am I a stooge, I suppose, although it looks like I shall be again once the state dept gets around to actually making that final offer of employment.

My salary isn't going to be high enough to ride a Ti spring, though.